No announcement yet.

members that WILL make it to SF '08....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well ppl call me crazy, but if Jim doesn't have a car to drive to SF I might let him drive AF there.. I'm not going to make it this year. Still thinking about it..haven't told him yet, but i'm sure if he read the post here he will know soon enough.
    RIP DENNIS BARTLETT 1-13-2009

Comment

Not able to make it.

The Apache needs parts that will not be in before the middle of August. The avionics electrical harness has to be custom made, and the Doc that owns half of it has decided to install some new avionics as well as clean up the panel.

So unless the updates and repairs get done early, and I don't see that happening, I will not be able to make it. With the Cardinal getting landed gear-up in Ocala, this leaves the Skyhawk as the only operating aircraft at my flight school. And that thing is getting used to much for an extended flight.

Since there are no other places to rent aircraft around here, I am just shit outta luck. I may yet drive up in the Chebby, but I calculated that it will be MORE expensive to drive rather than fly.

So as of right now, my trip is off... If it changes I will post here.

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

This sounds like an interesting meet... if I go back OTR I just might have to roll up in my Semi.
        2000 Grand Marquis LS: Back in the Panther Life Again.

Comment

tow that damned CV out for me to store at skippyville because I have no place to store another frelling car here
          GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
          1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
          99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
          03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
          95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

I still plan on coming up for sure. I'm going to drive the Fairlane up, and blow a couple Benjamins on gas. I'm glad I had a chance to come to Scott's over the winter, so I know where to go. I'll bring a cooler of goodies to eat/drink.
            1966 Ford Fairlane 500XL - 521 Stroker/4-speed
            1997 Ford F250XLT Heavy Duty - 460/E4OD
            2008 Ford Crown Victoria LX

Comment

Pat, I hope you are still gonna let me drive that animal! I need a preview of the monstrousity that i'm building
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

well, the event is approaching.... we should do the list of who will be there

1. Scott (obviously)
                2. Seneeb (already there)
                3. TheConstantEvolution (riding with jim)
                4. 87_Crown_Vic

lets get this list rolling, sf08 is approaching rapidly

Comment

5. Tom (Grand_Marquis_GT)
                  6. Laura
                  -Me

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

7. Mark, though i'm leaving the fat and nasty at home

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

8. Ray, will be there on Sunday...
                      2000 Grand Marquis LS
                      2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                      1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                      Mercury Owners Group member
                      Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

9. Dan....I'll be there for the whole thing.
                        1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                        FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

I'm trying to nail down transportation for the trip back to Philadelphia, and trying to nail down transportation to SAAC 33, before I buy tickets.

That is all that I am waiting on to get tickets, I already have 08-06-2008 to 08-16-2008 off at work...

Comment

Now that I've got the Fire Engine, I figure at around 23 mpg, it would be around 400ish in gas for the round trip. And if I quit my job August 1st...hmmm...

Darnit, I shouldn't even be thinking about this...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

the official gmn request for time off is to go to a family reunion......i suggest u use it

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

ya know scott...thats funny....jim said to say i was "going with my brother to a family thing" if asked....

Comment

Working...
                                X