puttin' 24's on the merc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

puttin' 24's on the merc

any one know what air shocks i can use for the rear i what to lift it 2-4". and if u know what i need for the front please tell me. i have an explorer on 24's it was easier to do that but i am havin trouble finding out what shockes to use with the merc. :chainsaw:
    ride large on 24's
    0%
    or try squezzin 26's ridin extremly large
    0%
    JACK DAT THING TO DA SKY....CHOP UP DEM WHEEL WELLS....WE RIDIN 24\'S

welcome to GMN. i hope you plan on upgrading your brakes before you put those big ass wheels on. those fuckers are heavy especially going from 15-17" to 24-26". you're stock brakes will probably are going to have a harder time of stopping the car due to all the added weight
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

If your trying to impress your friends than I guess bigger is better. 26's get all dem bitches. the car will b3 teh sh!!11zzle
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

:lol: :lol:

Comment

Har har, guys...

Welcome to GMN! I understand that you wanna do this... and of course, diffrent strokes for diffrent folks... as far as lifting the front end, you could either get custom coils, use extenders to lift the curect coils (not recomended) or
          "block" the front springs similar to the way they do with leaf springs(never tried it, dunno if I would)

Either way. Its all about the cars... Let us know if you have any problems, we are happy to help!

Also, got pics?
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

i know its bout the cars

hence my reccomendation on beefing his brakes up, i hate seeing smashed up panthers

Comment

got any pics of your ride?

and welcome!

2000 HPP Mods
              15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
              9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

I have these on the front of mine never popped out even when landing 3 foot of air. Corkscrew things from autozone like 5 bux

I also removed the upper bumpstops on the suspension arms Up top.

I do know you will need a wheel spacer and all of em around here have body lifts to clear em. I suggest you find a place to the same as it looks about the only way to go
                1989 Grand Marquis LS
                flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

i dont have n e pics yet i just bought it bout 3 weeks ago but it is a gold that the dealership calls tan i dont know why? but n e ways its a 99 ls loadedonly 27k miles on it ill try gettin so pix of my explorern my buddys merk n my buddys twon car with 24's on them all
                  :chainsaw:
                  JACK DAT THING TO DA SKY....CHOP UP DEM WHEEL WELLS....WE RIDIN 24\'S

Comment

i personally wouldnt go that big because from all the cars i've seen you have to jack it up some to get rims that large on. i think the high riding panthers look very very ugly.

thats just me though. if its your thing, go all the way with it and get the nicest thing you can.
                    2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

Working...
                    X