No announcement yet.

Looking for a glovebox latch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It says you're not accepting e-mails. Do you mean a PM? I sent you a PM the other day... I dunno if you ever saw it because I didn't get a response.

The fuel pump I'm messing with is supposed to be for my Town Car, and so is the bracket, but they don't match.

The bracket is from an aftermarket manufacturer (Airtex) while the pump is from a different aftermarket manufacturer (Delphi). Unfortunately the pump is too big for the rubber booty and the electrical connections don't connect the same way. It's a long, ridiculous story as to why I have two different manufacturers contributing parts, but rest assured it'll take some supremely inventive backyard jury-rigging to get everything working together.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      I guess that's taken care of, does anybody else need a glovebox latch?
      Yep, I need one too. When I found out that the latch isn't something that I can buy from NAPA, I put it in the back burner a few years ago. I figured that I would go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some sort of kitchen latch to work. Probably not going to happen any time soon.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP* View Post
        I have a few... with key, no key, no lock.... all black
        Ill sell any of mine for $10 shipped
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I bought one from CheeseSteak today.
          Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
          Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

nice. d'you get it?

Comment

nice. d'you get it?

Nope, not yet, but I'm sure it's on the way
              Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
              Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok

Comment

I need another glovebox latch again. The last one kept jamming shut because the spring used to go sideways inside...so I used a stiffer spring and cracked one of the pot-metal levers so now I have no way to keep the glove compartment closed. Name your price and I'll pay for shipping no questions asked.

Comment

Pull the bulb out in the mean time to prevent dead batteries.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Can you get one from an auto parts store under the "Help" section. They are between $6-10. It has a black non lockable cover.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Pull the bulb out in the mean time to prevent dead batteries.
                        I used Velcro strips to keep mine closed until I could get a latch, but you still will want to pull the light since the Velcro (or hook and loop strips since Velcro is a name brand) isn't always reliable at least the adhesive may not be. Heat and/or weight of the glovebox door can cause the adhesive to fail, or if you hit a pothole the glovebox door may fall open.
                        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I need another glovebox latch again.
                          Crappy Tire, dorman #74302 (visually double check).

And if you are in the autowreckers, look in all ford cars and trucks, that type latch was used in more than the cvgmtc.

Alex.
                          Last edited by GM_Guy; 07-22-2013, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post

And if you are in the autowreckers, look in all ford cars and trucks, that type latch was used in more than the cvgmtc.

Alex.
                            In fact the one that I got from ebay said that it came out of some Jeep product.
                            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post

Alex.
                              Crappy Tire here has everything but those latches in the Help! section. If someone could get one for me and send it, I am more than willing to pay for the part and shipping!

Seems NL wrecking yards only deal with stuff 10 years and newer. Pricks.

Comment

Nothing on EBAY???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X