No announcement yet.

Carolina Auto Salvage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn some of those where actually savable.

Tim
    2000 Ford Crown Victoria
    84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
    85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
    89 Lincoln town car: RIP
    89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
    2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

Comment

i am gonna look around here locally for a sway bar....if not...find me one
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Let me know what they get in. I may have to make a trip down there.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
          Let me know what they get in. I may have to make a trip down there.

Will Do Mang,I'll be going back probably next month to scope out what they have gotten in,and then I'll let you know.If you wanted to drive down here and meet me at the house,we could ride out to teh yard in my 87.It's about 35mi from here.
          Last edited by LTDMan83; 11-11-2007, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Went back to this place today, and I must say, the high price of Scrap metal and Gas has definitely driven many people to junk Boxes. Ended up forgetting the camera at home, so I couldn't get pics of the Cars at the yard this time.

Had to catch a ride there with my buddy in his S10 because I needed to haul some stuff, God the S10 interior is cramped and shitty, my knees where on the dash for the whole ride. Was pleasantly surprised when I got there though. The yard was Loaded with nice grandma driven boxes, but surprisingly no Box PI's for the first time in over 2 yrs.

Spent most of the Day pulling parts for other people in the GM & Chrysler sections. When I finally got around to looking for the parts I needed in the Ford Section, I found a nice loaded '87 P74 at the Back of the yard, with a Near Mint Decklid. This Decklid is nicer than the One that was originally on my car before it got hit in the back. Besides the paint of course, all the metal is Nice, Flat & Straight, with only 2 small dings near the edge (which I can easily press out from the inside), the underside seams of the Lid where the Skin is folded over the bracing structure are surprisingly completely Rust-Free, this is the first time I have personally seen a trunklid that wasn't rusted at the bottom seams. My current Decklid is from a '87 Police Car (P72), and is beat to shit, as well as being drilled on the inside supports to mount a Gun rack, good riddance to that POS hassle.

The whole '87 P74 in the yard was damn nice, and was definitely a JY Gem. I'm gonna be going back for the Front & Rears Bumpers soon, as the Chrome on them is Mint, and I mean MINT. $60 for both of them, and $10 for some Chrome Polish, will be cheaper than having my Current bumpers Re-Chromed. Also had a Mint Red dashpad inside, if anyone wants it. I will have pics of the cars next run, provided they haven't been crushed by the time I get back.

Parts pulled for my box this Run:

1. Decklid (from '87 LTD CVLX) $20

2. Special Clips made just for the Decklid, no other clips will fit (I've Tried) $0

3. Nice rear door Woodgrain armrest trim inserts (from '89 Marquis) $4

4. Stock Power antenna switch. to replace the T-bird one I have in there now. (from '87 LTD CVLX) $2

5. PS Reverse & Side Marker light sockets and harness. Wiring is messed up on my original one, had to splice in my own piece of wire, would rather have the Original wiring, lol. $2

6. PS Upper trim piece Watersheet & Piece of Decklid weatherstripping. To replace broken pieces on my car. $4

7. Spending the entire day at the Junkyard wrenching on beaters...............Priceless.

Comment

nice! i'm gonna hit up ez pull soon

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
              X