No announcement yet.

shopping for a carb. all suggestions welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. If you can come up with the complete specs for your motor, some folks here can give more educated suggestions for carb size. Depending on what's in it, the 650cfm Edelbrock carb might not be that big on it if it gets revved high from time to time.

And yeah, anything can be had in chrome if you know someone who does chrome-plating.
    Last edited by 1987cp; 10-12-2007, 06:03 PM.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

what about a C6AF-L 1.12 VENTURI CARB ?

Comment

Sounds like that's an Autolite 4100-series four-barrel from the '60s. Probably a good piece (provided it's square-bore - gotta check on that if you don't want to use an adapter under it), just not sure how it does in extreme-tilt situations like the offroad-trucking carbs do. If you're not going to get a specialized carb, I'd suggest just grabbing an Edelbrock 1403 and being done with it. One of the reasons for getting a new aftermarket unit is that tuning parts can be had easily from Summit Racing or any other speed source.
        Last edited by 1987cp; 10-12-2007, 06:04 PM.

Comment

What are the specs on the cam and what heads ? Are they ported?

I'd go with about a 600 cfm Edelbrock if you don't happen to be an expert at carb tuning. they run ok out of the box, and are cake to tune to where they run pretty good. If you're good with carbs, or know someone who is, get a Holley. They're extremely adjustable, which is good or bad depending on how well you're able to tune carbs.

What intake are you using?
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i think im going to use an edelbrock performer 2121. the heads i ported. the only specs on the cam i have is, int. and exh lift is .488 i think. i dont know duration. i was also thinking of adding 1.7 rocker arms down the road.

Comment

ok, will i still need a lokar kit even if the carb has a ford kickdown?

Comment

probably not; the Ford automatic transmission kickdown assembly is for older rod-actuated transmissions like the C4 and C6. The Lokar TV cable kit is what's required for an AOD application where you've elected to eliminate the factory throttle bracket setup.

[ATTACH]5275[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                X