Clear All

You fancy.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It's the result of being bored at the tail end of my college years. Having watched a friend pour some money into his Chevelle for seemingly simple tasks; I resolved to learned how to do AN lines. Wish I had learned to do this stuff when I was young.

Comment

I'm trying to ID this vacuum tube coming out of the tree. I think this goes to the intake manifold? IIRC

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1069.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	1286892

Comment

looks like the main vacuum connection to the manifold.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            looks like the main vacuum connection to the manifold.
            Yup! Goes to the vacuum tree on the firewall.

Comment

Okay. I found the lopo upper plenum in the corner of the basement. I still have that main vacuum tubing with the branches sticking out of it for other vacuum connections. I will see if I have to use that; or run a new line to it. Thanks guys

Comment

I started the exhaust installation over the weekend. I put up all of the piping up to the X-pipe. I have to adjust the X-pipe connection a bit; mark everything; then have it welded. I might stick a flange in there so the exhaust can be taken apart with relative ease.

Name:	IMG_1075 (1).jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1286952

Name:	IMG_1077.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1286953

Comment

Degreased the steering box and the portion of the frame behind it yesterday. The lopo managed to oil that down as well. Cleaned up pretty good and I was able to apply MetalPrep last night before covering the car up. Hopefully there will be some dry days this week when I can paint it.

Name:	IMG_0949 (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	1286969 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1085 (1).jpg
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	1286970

Comment

I got heater hose for the CV hooked up over the weekend. Came across an issue with the small piece that goes from the water pump to the thermostat. I couldn't bend it 90* without kinking it. I need to find a short (2" - 3") low-tension 5/8" OD spring to insert so I can bend it without kinking it.

Also discovered that my exhaust won't fit the Dynomax 17749 Super Turbo mufflers that I wanted to use. I should have waited before ordering them (8 years ago), but I assumed that I could match the dual exhaust that I had on there. Oh well, I will try to make them work for my '05 MGM exhaust upgrade; it'll just force me to do duals rather than a large single exhaust that I envisioned for that car.

Name:	IMG_1112.jpg
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	1287024

Comment

And a pic of the painted steering gear and frame. There is a spot off camera that I have to sand down and repaint; but otherwise, way better than it was. Of course when I was working on the heater hose over the weekend, the freakin trees let loose their pollen pods all over everything, including the exposed engine compartment. I hope it cleans off when I get the rest of the engine together.

Name:	IMG_1104.jpg
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	1287025
                      Last edited by packman; 05-20-2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Little by little. That’s how progress is made.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Use a molded hose. Not gonna get a 90 degree in straight hose. Its just a 90 degree piece and its very available. Every Ford smallblock used that hose for 50+ years.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I will try that. I also might try a 5/8" x 90* barb fitting. I saw one at Autozone a while back.

Comment

Not happening with the barb fitting; short length of hose and too rigid to maneuver into the ports. I will have to get the molded piece.

Also got the shorter mufflers last week; they are still too long to install the tailpipes. The outlet almost touches the rear axle tube. I will have to dump the exhaust at the axle and deal with a little extra rumble; well, not me, the driver will happily deal with that.

Comment

I bought a molded 5/8" 90* heater hose with 4" legs; which is more than plenty for that tight bend. Installed it on Friday afternoon before the storms hit.

Sinuses sidelined me on Saturday; but on Sunday I installed the turndowns on the mufflers and put up the exhaust. I put it into position and marked the joints for welding. Also extended the ECT sensor plug to reach the new location. Next weekend, when I remove the exhaust, I will put up the driveshaft and remove the IAT sensor from the intake manifold and relocate it to the air intake tube. And if I don't run out of time, I will find a place on the firewall to drill another hole for more wiring.

Name:	IMG_1130.jpg
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	1287089 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1132.jpg
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1287090 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1133.jpg
Size:	97.9 KB