PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 304

Thread: My Ma's 1986 Crown Victoria LX

  1. #241
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0929.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	53320
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0930.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	53322

  2. #242
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0898.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	53324

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0796.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	53325

  3. #243
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    I took advantage of the weather on Saturday and organized the passenger side fender a bit. I separated the ignition coil wiring from the harness as I will relocate the coil to the front of the engine. I put cable terminals on the auxillary fuse box cable and the starter solenoid cable; then I installed them on the bus bar. Cleaned up the fender nicely. When I get things a bit more finalized, I will cut the zip ties, move everything off of the fender, then I will clean and paint it. I will do the same for the driver side at some point.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0947.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	53387 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0949.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	53388

  4. #244
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    Also relocated the oil/air separator to the driver-side frame rail. It was too close to the passenger side header where I had it.

  5. #245
    Wagon Addicted Tiggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bedford, VA
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Much better than all that factory smog junk on the passenger side.

  6. #246
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    Unfortunately, now that the fender is exposed, I feel obligated to clean and paint it.

  7. #247
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    Installed pcv valve and ran the line from the pcv to the air/oil separator. Also, ran the signal wires from the MSD 6AL out into the engine compartment; leaving enough slack to locate the coil anywhere. I am going to start putting the top end together and go from there.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0974.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	53629

  8. #248
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    So much can change in a short period of time. After adjusting to new routines both at home and at work; I was able to get some time with the CV. I installed the fuel rails, water temp gauge sender, and re-grounded everything. I originally was going to run fuel into the front of the rails and have it exit out the back and go to the fuel pressure regulator. But that freakin wiper motor box is at it again; being in the way and all. So I had to route the exit on the bottom port of the driver side fuel rail; and grind a little material off of the wiper box so the fuel rail would bolt onto the intake manifold. I ran a stud into the driver cylinder head and then ran a ground strap down to the engine mount stud. I figured with the aluminum heads, I would get a better ground by doing that; keeping in mind that I know very little about electrical systems. I came across a new problem which halted progress for the time being. My coolant crossover tube-assembly will not work with the new set-up. So I am scrambling to figure out how to run the engine coolant temperature sensor. Hopefully I will figure that out before the next decent weekend comes around.

  9. #249
    The Brown Blob 87gtVIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Posts
    19,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    So much can change in a short period of time. After adjusting to new routines both at home and at work; I was able to get some time with the CV. I installed the fuel rails, water temp gauge sender, and re-grounded everything. I originally was going to run fuel into the front of the rails and have it exit out the back and go to the fuel pressure regulator. But that freakin wiper motor box is at it again; being in the way and all. So I had to route the exit on the bottom port of the driver side fuel rail; and grind a little material off of the wiper box so the fuel rail would bolt onto the intake manifold. I ran a stud into the driver cylinder head and then ran a ground strap down to the engine mount stud. I figured with the aluminum heads, I would get a better ground by doing that; keeping in mind that I know very little about electrical systems. I came across a new problem which halted progress for the time being. My coolant crossover tube-assembly will not work with the new set-up. So I am scrambling to figure out how to run the engine coolant temperature sensor. Hopefully I will figure that out before the next decent weekend comes around.
    The 1986 only dual heater pipe tube doesnt work any longer?
    ~David~

    My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

  10. #250
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    It worked when I pulled it off of the lopo; but this engine is so much taller than the lopo, it crams my wiring and plumbing into a tighter space. If my computer doesn’t act wonky tomorrow, I will post pics. Too bad though, because I cleaned and painted that crossover quite nicely

  11. #251
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1008.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	53806 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1009.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	53807
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1010.jpg  

  12. #252
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    Wiper motor is coming off for the time being. This particular engine combo makes it a lot taller in the engine bay. The throttle body juts into the wiper motor. It was suggested that I retrofit a wiper motor from either an '88 - '91 box or use a Whale wiper motor. I will worry about wiper motors after I get the car running.

  13. #253
    Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westmont, New Jersey
    Posts
    10,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    Wiper motor is coming off for the time being. This particular engine combo makes it a lot taller in the engine bay. The throttle body juts into the wiper motor. It was suggested that I retrofit a wiper motor from either an '88 - '91 box or use a Whale wiper motor. I will worry about wiper motors after I get the car running.
    What setup are you running that the intake hits the wiper motor?

  14. #254
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    Degreased and painted the passenger side fender and a little of the firewall. If I'm feeling spry this week, I will degrease and the driver side fender after work.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1052.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	53964 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1053.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	53965

  15. #255
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    Also installed trans cooler lines yesterday

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1055.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	53966

  16. #256
    The Brown Blob 87gtVIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Posts
    19,320

    Default

    You fancy.
    ~David~

    My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

  17. #257
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    It's the result of being bored at the tail end of my college years. Having watched a friend pour some money into his Chevelle for seemingly simple tasks; I resolved to learned how to do AN lines. Wish I had learned to do this stuff when I was young.

  18. #258
    Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dirty Jersey Yo!
    Posts
    8,046

    Default

    I'm trying to ID this vacuum tube coming out of the tree. I think this goes to the intake manifold? IIRC

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1069.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	54041

  19. #259
    I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    39,554

    Default

    looks like the main vacuum connection to the manifold.

    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

    91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

    1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

    Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

  20. #260
    Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westmont, New Jersey
    Posts
    10,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    looks like the main vacuum connection to the manifold.
    Yup! Goes to the vacuum tree on the firewall.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
GMN Approved Links!


www.rockauto.com www.adtr.net