No announcement yet.

My Ma's 1986 Crown Victoria LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the injectors are in that black plug btw, along with the IAC wire. The white plug has the EGR, IAT, ECT, CANP and Temp and Oil Pressure Sending unit wires.

Comment

^^^^^^^Thanks!!! I wasn't sure if each of those plugs were for each bank or whatever. Now I know. My ACT and other miscellaneous plugs are greasy, but undamaged. At least I know which harness plug they go to; and the one wire that's severed (when I pulled the engine) is probably the oil sending unit. I will figure that out when I install the gauges.

Currently working on the return line for the fuel system. I didn't realize that the return line is smaller than the supply line. I will get the appropriate parts and finish the fuel system next weekend. Then it's MAF conversion time. After that, I have to figure out/fix the caliper bolt debacle. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
        ^^^^^^^Thanks!!! I wasn't sure if each of those plugs were for each bank or whatever. Now I know. My ACT and other miscellaneous plugs are greasy, but undamaged. At least I know which harness plug they go to; and the one wire that's severed (when I pulled the engine) is probably the oil sending unit. I will figure that out when I install the gauges.

Currently working on the return line for the fuel system. I didn't realize that the return line is smaller than the supply line. I will get the appropriate parts and finish the fuel system next weekend. Then it's MAF conversion time. After that, I have to figure out/fix the caliper bolt debacle. :-/
        You're welcome! Also, like I said in the other post, I have a perfectly good spindle for you. Make me an offer and come get it!

EDIT** the injection harness is not what I would be worried about messing up. It's the oxygen sensor harness.
        Last edited by 86VickyLX; 11-15-2016, 08:50 PM.

Comment

yeah, in their infinite wisdom the connectors are the same, nearly the same length, and easily flip-flopped. The wires also fade to almost the same color, making it rather more difficult to ID after 30 odd years.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Even better; my replacement plugs (injector, IAC, and O2) all have the same color wires. I had to carefully match and solder each wire one by one. If all else fails; I will go to the JY and harvest an O2 harness; along with other things I need.

Packman

Comment

Not pretty; but that is the fuel system. It was difficult getting the hard line maneuvered around the trans support and body mounts; which is why it's not straight. No kinks though, so I am happy with it. I just need to complete the evap canister line. I could use my 3/8" line for that, but I want to save that for the transmission cooler lines. Probably get 1/4" line and use that.

I attempted to install the gauges before-hand, but it was friggin cold out yesterday and I couldn't feel my thumbs after drilling. I will get back to that eventually.

Comment

Mounted the MSD box in the glove compartment. For years, I have had trouble finding a latch/button that works. Found 2 that did work, but they only lasted 5 years between the both of them. I tried a few others that wouldn't latch. I gave up and made the glove box the permanent home for ignition box(es). It closed just fine; but when I went to open it up, it caught the catch mounted to the lip of the dash (or whatever part that is). When I go to change the RPM pill, I will pull the glove door off as a unit and remove the catch mechanism. I almost feel like drilling a hole for the trunk release button.

Also finished the motor mounts, otherwise, the engine compartment remains the same as it was.

Comment

I will work on mounting gauges and also figure out how to get those old batter tray U-nuts off of what's left of the battery tray.

Comment

Why put the ignition unit in the glovebox?
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

^^^^^^^^^why not? Can't use it for anything else since it won't stay closed anymore. I have had it screwed shut for a few years because the box button/latch doesn't work.^^^^^^^

Comment

I just don't like things running through the dash. Engine stuff stays with the engine, glovebox gets repaired and holds registration cards.

Comment

I agree with all the statements made by gadget except registration cards. This is probably a moot statement but incase my car gets stolen I don't want them to know any of our names or more importantly, where we live.
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

But your gauges, especially your oil pressure gauge (mechanical anyways) goes into the dash; what about that? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                              I agree with all the statements made by gadget except registration cards. This is probably a moot statement but incase my car gets stolen I don't want them to know any of our names or more importantly, where we live.
                              Have to hand them over in NJ if I get pulled over, so they basically have to live in the car somewhere. Insurance too.

Gauges tell me what the motor is doing. Can't say I've ever felt the need to watch an ignition module

Comment

Not watching it if it's inside the glove box minding it's own business. Plus, it's nice and dry in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X