Clear All

Only if using a chip.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The mythical cop chip?

All levity aside; I found some amusement with that sticker. My Dad was like "you shouldn't be doing this!" I think he was being sarcastic

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
        The mythical cop chip?

All levity aside; I found some amusement with that sticker. My Dad was like "you shouldn't be doing this!" I think he was being sarcastic
        Yeah the cop chip.

Comment

My car has a cop chip. Legit, the ECM code says the application is Mustang SSP with an automatic.

Also has a Quarterhorse that largely over-rides the cop chip program but thats a different matter.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cop chip? Deets?
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I completed the A9P conversion on Saturday. Now I just need to finish my gauges and drill the holes for the tubes and wiring and run the fuel pump monitor wire into the same hole. Then I should be good to go.

Brake booster and master cylinder are going to be swapped out since the engine is not blocking it up anymore. One less thing to worry about when I eventually get to the big brake swap.

Comment

Removed all of the nuts holding the booster to the firewall and the brake lines at the master cylinder; failed to see the line holder and some other wire harness holder attached to the master cylinder studs. I was hoping to take the booster and mc out in one piece, but alas, no can do. Soaked the MC studs real good and will attack it next weekend.

Will also clean the wires going to the fuel pump relay to find that pink/black wire. All of them have a thick layer of dust and grime on them, making them indistinguishable from one another.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  My car has a cop chip. Legit, the ECM code says the application is Mustang SSP with an automatic.

Also has a Quarterhorse that largely over-rides the cop chip program but thats a different matter.
                  So, the cop chip overrides the OEM tune while the Quarter horse overrides the Cop Chip? We must go deeper.....

Override the override.
                  1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
                  2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
                  1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
                  2018 VW Golf GTI - February 2018-February 2021 (was a lease)
                  2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - May 2019 (it's road legal!)

2019 VW Golf Alltrack company provided April 2019 - Present
                  2012 Fiat 500 5 speed - January 2021-Present
                  2003 Audi A6 Allroad 6 speed July 2021-Present

Comment

nah... stock chip (ECM) replaced with cop chip (ECM)... override with QH.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

right-o.

All it does it provide some additional timing advance over the standard civilian Mustang ECM program. Honestly thats probably not a good thing in a car with around 1000 lbs more weight over the SSP. Its probably part of why it was always prone to detonation problems, and why it was absolutely not possible to advance the distributor beyond stock timing.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Whilst searching for my fuel pump + wire, I looked at the mess of wires around the fuel pump relay and around the starter solenoid and decided to start cleaning those areas up. Got the solenoid area cleaned a little. And started on the fuel pump relay side last night. I hope to make the engine bay look less like a disaster area when the rebuilt engine goes in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Also Moar August 2017 014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	1282138Click image for larger version

Name:	Moar April 2017 037.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1282139

Comment

Factory under-hood lead dress leaves much to be desired on these.

Comment

At some point, I will paint that booster-looking thing in the back, wiper motor (if I don't bang it up during the install), and the defunct cruise control servo. Perhaps, if I'm feeling spry, I will paint the inner fenders................maybe. Might wait on that until after the car is running.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                              At some point, I will paint that booster-looking thing in the back, wiper motor (if I don't bang it up during the install), and the defunct cruise control servo. Perhaps, if I'm feeling spry, I will paint the inner fenders................maybe. Might wait on that until after the car is running.
                              Booster looking thing? Oh you mean the blower motor. While you have the engine out, you should replace the blower motor resistor. Do it now, if you wait until it's already running. You won't want to do it later lol.

Comment

its not *that* bad unless you put on tall valve covers. That makes it a real mofo to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                                X