PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: My Ma's 1986 Crown Victoria LX

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Oh; I bought a strut tower coil mounting bracket (for '86-'93 Mustangs) to use on the CV. Hopefully I can mount it off the passenger side cylinder head somehow; if not, I'm out $20

Mounted the coil on the passenger side cylinder head using the Mustang strut tower bracket. A little jenky-looking, but it works.

I was feeling ambitious and attempted to install the upper intake; and that's where the progress ended. The '85 TB cable I got was way too long, so I took it out and re positioned it; and it was still too long (meaning it extended well beyond the TB lever). So, I took that out, which took a long time because the replacement cable has a plastic collar; which dug into the retaining collar by the gas pedal. I put the original cable back in, but routed it differently; now it's too long (when it previously fell far short of the TB lever). I played with the cable bracket (the one that hangs off the TB) some yesterday and then other stuff became a priority. Hope to have it all sorted out this coming weekend.

Since I couldn't find a tubing bender to fit the trans dipstick tube; I got a Lokar dipstick and installed it. Also figured out the throttle cable deal; which allowed me to install the upper intake. I have to finish plumbing the hoses that go into the intake; but that part is pretty much done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1288.JPEG 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	54890

I finished the plumbing for the upper intake last weekend. I lost a clamp for the vacuum line that goes to the vacuum tree; stuck the magnetic wand into the intake runners just in case it ended up in there. I can't find it anywhere; I will just hope that it fell off as I was carrying it to the car. Also figured out how to mount the valve cover-to-throttle body air oil separator. I had to buy aluminum 90* stock as I ran out of scrap metal in the basement. It's ugly, but it works. I will plumb the separator and run the tv cable to the trans next weekend. Maybe start mounting the accessories if time permits.

I got very little done this weekend; but I managed to install the power steering pump to the junkyard bracket; and after purchasing a tool; I pressed the pulley onto the pump. I am going to attempt making new lines; if that doesn't work, I will purchase replacement high pressure line.

Name:	IMG_1300.JPEG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	54961

My air oil separator install. It looks high in the picture, but it actually sits lower than the TPS sensor.

Name:	IMG_1297.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	54996

Looks like a moroso unit. I like their pieces a lot.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I like how the Moroso units come with mounting hardware and brass fittings.

I was going to use the Steeda can, but I decided to use it for my Aunt's Saturn. I also have another can that I got a decade ago; and although being a nice aluminum can, it has no brackets or anything to mount it with. I think it was meant for Mustangs with the hard plastic PCV lines. I will probably use it on the Explorer or maybe the '05 MGM.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516