Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1286364

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0796.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1286365

Comment

I took advantage of the weather on Saturday and organized the passenger side fender a bit. I separated the ignition coil wiring from the harness as I will relocate the coil to the front of the engine. I put cable terminals on the auxillary fuse box cable and the starter solenoid cable; then I installed them on the bus bar. Cleaned up the fender nicely. When I get things a bit more finalized, I will cut the zip ties, move everything off of the fender, then I will clean and paint it. I will do the same for the driver side at some point.

Name:	IMG_0947.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	1286405 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0949.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	1286406

Comment

Also relocated the oil/air separator to the driver-side frame rail. It was too close to the passenger side header where I had it.

Comment

Much better than all that factory smog junk on the passenger side.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Unfortunately, now that the fender is exposed, I feel obligated to clean and paint it.

Comment

Installed pcv valve and ran the line from the pcv to the air/oil separator. Also, ran the signal wires from the MSD 6AL out into the engine compartment; leaving enough slack to locate the coil anywhere. I am going to start putting the top end together and go from there.

Name:	IMG_0974.jpg
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	1286589

Comment

So much can change in a short period of time. After adjusting to new routines both at home and at work; I was able to get some time with the CV. I installed the fuel rails, water temp gauge sender, and re-grounded everything. I originally was going to run fuel into the front of the rails and have it exit out the back and go to the fuel pressure regulator. But that freakin wiper motor box is at it again; being in the way and all. So I had to route the exit on the bottom port of the driver side fuel rail; and grind a little material off of the wiper box so the fuel rail would bolt onto the intake manifold. I ran a stud into the driver cylinder head and then ran a ground strap down to the engine mount stud. I figured with the aluminum heads, I would get a better ground by doing that; keeping in mind that I know very little about electrical systems. I came across a new problem which halted progress for the time being. My coolant crossover tube-assembly will not work with the new set-up. So I am scrambling to figure out how to run the engine coolant temperature sensor. Hopefully I will figure that out before the next decent weekend comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                    So much can change in a short period of time. After adjusting to new routines both at home and at work; I was able to get some time with the CV. I installed the fuel rails, water temp gauge sender, and re-grounded everything. I originally was going to run fuel into the front of the rails and have it exit out the back and go to the fuel pressure regulator. But that freakin wiper motor box is at it again; being in the way and all. So I had to route the exit on the bottom port of the driver side fuel rail; and grind a little material off of the wiper box so the fuel rail would bolt onto the intake manifold. I ran a stud into the driver cylinder head and then ran a ground strap down to the engine mount stud. I figured with the aluminum heads, I would get a better ground by doing that; keeping in mind that I know very little about electrical systems. I came across a new problem which halted progress for the time being. My coolant crossover tube-assembly will not work with the new set-up. So I am scrambling to figure out how to run the engine coolant temperature sensor. Hopefully I will figure that out before the next decent weekend comes around.
                    The 1986 only dual heater pipe tube doesnt work any longer?
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It worked when I pulled it off of the lopo; but this engine is so much taller than the lopo, it crams my wiring and plumbing into a tighter space. If my computer doesn’t act wonky tomorrow, I will post pics. Too bad though, because I cleaned and painted that crossover quite nicely

Comment

Name:	IMG_1008.jpg
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1286714 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1009.jpg
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1286715
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wiper motor is coming off for the time being. This particular engine combo makes it a lot taller in the engine bay. The throttle body juts into the wiper motor. It was suggested that I retrofit a wiper motor from either an '88 - '91 box or use a Whale wiper motor. I will worry about wiper motors after I get the car running.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                            Wiper motor is coming off for the time being. This particular engine combo makes it a lot taller in the engine bay. The throttle body juts into the wiper motor. It was suggested that I retrofit a wiper motor from either an '88 - '91 box or use a Whale wiper motor. I will worry about wiper motors after I get the car running.
                            What setup are you running that the intake hits the wiper motor?

Comment

Degreased and painted the passenger side fender and a little of the firewall. If I'm feeling spry this week, I will degrease and the driver side fender after work.

Name:	IMG_1052.jpg
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	1286836 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1053.jpg
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	1286837

Comment

Also installed trans cooler lines yesterday