X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is too small?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
      Just right click it and select "Copy image location" and put it in between the tags.
      Thanks for the modded sig pic mang.

Oh yeah, sorry for the delay 88Vic. Those are 17x7" American Racing Ansen A69 Sprint Wheels; they're like a larger version of the 70s mags. I think they make the CV look like a giant hot wheels lol.

Packman
      Last edited by packman; 11-08-2007, 06:15 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Looks pretty good at the bottom of your posts, if I do say so myself. lol Glad I could help, mang!

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post

This is too small?
          no no no no. That's perfect. When I was reading the thread before, his sig pic was the size of an attachment pic linky.

Comment

Well I always believed that size didn't matter and that personality is what really counts.

Packman

Comment

Well hey, the car's got plenty of personality, too!

Comment

Summit Trans Pan

This is the first of the supporting upgrades for the engine/tranny swap. I figure that I am going to be running this engine for another year or so. I might even run this trans behind the 351W for the break-in period. I'll just baby it until I get a built AOD in there. Plus, traffic on 78 west is getting pretty bad and this will help keep the tranny a little cooler during the summer.

Packman

Comment

Nice! I was going to buy an aluminum pan with 1 qt extra capacity, but I ended up with just a regular old stamped FRPP pan. It had the drain plug, and it was cheap, so I bought.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

The drain plug was a biggie for me. No more messes in the driveway. I was going to buy the chrome stock capacity pan, but I decided to get something that can potentially make the stock AOD live longer. Plus, the aluminum pan looks pretty good, too bad the rest of the undercarriage is beat up. I'll get to that eventually.

Packman

Comment

Painted Exhaust

I finished painting the exhaust yesterday and at the very least it looks good. I did some minor masking; mainly trans pan because I want to keep that silver-looking. I taped up the O2 sensors because I wasn't sure what to do with them. There was some overspray on the cats, but I am not picky. Here are some pics for your N-Joiment.

I had a hard time taking this shot because the car was running.

Packman

Comment

How is that cutout activated? Cable or electric?

Comment

It's ol' skool and I open and close it by hand. You just unscrew the thumb-bolt and pull the gate/plate out. It beats having to mess around with the old wingnuts and plates. They are plumber's cut-offs or blastgates as my Dad calls them. They were affordable at $21/pair, rather than the $400-$500 dollars for the electric versions.

Packman

Comment

Should run a switch into the interior of the car so you can open and close it easier.

Comment

I was contemplating the cable thing, but knowing my mom, she would start up in the early morning and drive that car all of the time with the pipes open. lol I don't mind laying on the ground to open and close the pipes. As long as she's having fun and allows me to mod her car, then it's alright. She's going to be mad at me when I put resonators on the tails after the Lightning engine build. I have a feeling that a larger and not-so stock engine will be louder.

Packman

Comment

You don't need resonators to quiet the exhaust, just get some good flowing quiet mufflers like Dynomax Super Turbos or Flowmaster 50 Series. And if you're gonna be running cats then it'll be plenty quiet. But when you do the build, move the cutouts before the cats so when open nothing muffles the sound.
                                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                                X