Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
    Nice!

What color are you/mom planning on going with for the re-paint?

Whatever shade of blue that she wants. I might wait a little bit for the respray because I have a few trees that I want to get cut down B4 I do anything.

88Vic: I replaced all four shocks last year. They helped keep the car from bouncing after speed bumps. My father his being hard-headed about the springs because he still believes that they will ride way too hard. I don't want the stockers put back because I don't want to lift the car. I am going to have to break into his toolbox and grind the last pring out myself.

Packman

Comment

Nice Mang. She looks Great!

Comment

****************Update******************

Unfortunately these shots were all overexposed. My light meter was going crazy with the early afternoon sun. I couldn't wiat though because I spent the rest of the day hanging out with old friends. This is my mom's car with the Speedway springs. Both me and my father were wrong in this case. He thought the car would ride too rough and actually I was thinking that too. The car is more responsive to road conditions, however, it's not the bumps that I feel, it's the contour of the road. When the road dips or abruptly rises, I really feel it. The main thing is that the car can hold some weight without bottoming out. The only bad thing is that I can't get into the driveway without the aid of a ramp. In my case, some random lengths of channeled steel do the trick. Big thanks to Blaze86 for finding out about these springs!!!

I put this pic on the bottom to show the difference between the stockers in the sig pic and the new springs.

Packman

Comment

It looks a little lower in the rear to me, but still better then it was before, looks meaner now.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Nice lookin 86 mang! I like the 4 exhaust tips.
            -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
            -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
              It looks a little lower in the rear to me, but still better then it was before, looks meaner now.
              I think that I might have to change from the 175# rear springs to the 225# in the future. For now I am sticking with the current setup. The tires are also 26.1" in diameter in the rear, so they fill up the wheel well a bit more than the 24.7" diameter tires up front. The car handles so much better now. I can take the curve on the ramp leading to the Parkway at 50 mph w/o any noise from the tires; the car just goes where I want it to go. After I get my 390FE built for my truck, I will start planning a 306 build for the CV; or at least see if they (parents; mainly my father because mom is cool with the mods) are cool with that anyways.

The exhasut tips are Trans-Am splitters from Pypes. I saw them on a stock Trans-Am a while back and I thought that they would look neat on the CV.

Packman

Comment

Is your deck-lid starting to rust?
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                  Is your deck-lid starting to rust?
                  Yep. I was considering getting a cleaner deck lid. I might try to get one when I get my lazy butt to PA where there are still some Panthers left.

Packman

Comment

It's looking good now. You probably couldn't get up my driveway either :lol:

Comment

Nothing Much; Itty Bitty Update.

This weekend I was stuck at home with all of the folks who are sick. Damn flu season (though I thought that didn't start until Feb.?). So I decided to change the coil and wires on the CV and still be in close proximity to the house. Basically Accel Coil (part # 7054) and Accel 300+ Racing wires (part # 140012). It seems to have smoothed the engine a little. No more interference with the radio either. I thought racing wires were supposed to cause more interference? Perhaps those were the old solid copper wires we had on the flattie when it was running. I had the SBC version of the Accel wires on my Malibu and I wasn't disappointed. Here are some pics; N-JOI!!!

Packman

Comment

Well it's not horrible. I probably should have paid somebody with some talent to do what I wanted to the grille. The tape lifted up at the edges in some spots (no matter how meticulous I was at pressing it down) and let paint in, so there are few even spots. However, I basically accomplished what I set out to do and it looks good...............from about 100' lol. Definitely better than what's in the sig pic. I will have to make a new one soon. Next up; rust converter and POR 15 undercarriage treatment.

Packman

Comment

I like it alot!

btw, MSPaint is your friend for blocking license plate #s.
                          sigpic
                          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I will have to try that instead of finding random objects to cover the plate, though I kinda think it's quirky enough for me to keep doing.

Packman

Comment

You gonna black out the headlight bezels?

Comment

Nah, they're still shiny. Would consider the blue anodized look.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X