No announcement yet.

My Ma's 1986 Crown Victoria LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good mang. Here's a tip for next time, don't use cheap masking tape, like the kind made for packaging. It doesn't have a good enough adhesive backing to stick firmly to all the curves and shapes and will always lift back up in spots, causing what happened to you there. Use a masking tape which is made for paint masking. The green 3M automotive painters tape is the best you can buy, and will ensure that will never happen, but it gets a little expensive at $5 a roll. The Blue 3M tape which is made for masking off windows and trim when painting houses, will work as well, and is a little less expensive.

Comment

I am definitely going to have to hunt down some good masking tape for next time. I also should mask the car during the day time and paint at night instead of doing everything in the dark with a couple of flashlights.

Packman

Comment

Future mods waiting in the attic. Most of this crap was intended to go into the '53, but that is on hold for a little while longer. I went to an automotive electrical service shop in Linden today and got a rebuilt 3g alternator for $165 for the CV core. I just have to figure out when I will install the alt. and e-fan.

Packman

Comment

nice goodies.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
            Future mods waiting in the attic. Most of this crap was intended to go into the '53, but that is on hold for a little while longer. I went to an automotive electrical service shop in Linden today and got a rebuilt 3g alternator for $165 for the CV core. I just have to figure out when I will install the alt. and e-fan.

Packman
            You get the charge cable and he fuse/circuit breaker for the 3G mang?

Comment

I was thinking of using the charge cable and fuse link from the audio system I had back in the day. It's in good condition and has a 200 amp fuse, but I think I might go with a new charge wire anyway because of its age.

Packman

Comment

The Little Things

Not much going on here. I added band style clamps at the end of the exhaust system to clean it up a bit. I got rid of the traditional exhaust clamp I used to hold up the exhaust. In its place is an aviation clamp. I think it looks a lot better.

Packman

Comment

Those are pretty clean looking clamps.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The band clamps are really nice. I am going to try and polish them every time I clean the tips. Hopefully they'll stay shiny for a while. As of now, I'm planning a JY trip in Merryl Creek. If all goes well, I'll have older bumpers, a code E rear axle, LTD script tailights, and front & rear sway bars.

Packman

Comment

no wonder your always broke......buying the fancy clamps lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                        no wonder your always broke......buying the fancy clamps lol

I can still dream, can't I? Actually, I will be planning a trip to your area sometime later this month or early next month. Hopefully it won't be too hot when I go.

Packman

Comment

Here are pics of the wagon sway bar installed, CAI, and the fender braces (mocked up; can't find our easy-outs). The steel cylinders on top of the intake are the spacers for the rear sway bar. They're cut down to size and need to be bored out.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                            Whatever shade of blue that she wants. I might wait a little bit for the respray because I have a few trees that I want to get cut down B4 I do anything.Packman

Damn! I must have jinxed myself when I typed that. I shoulda been a bit more insistent with the folks about those trees; seeing what happened last March.

Packman

Comment

Holy Thread Resurrection Batmang!

Comment

Is your Mom's CV in storage now?
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X