No announcement yet.

My Ma's 1986 Crown Victoria LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used POR15 on the inner door skin when I changed the window motor. When it dries, there is not much of a smell. But then again, my sinuses are pretty bad, so my nose isn't good at smelling things. I wore latex gloves at first, but if they get peirced, especially in the warmer weather, the POR15 will run inside the glove and coat your hand(s). Also, wear long sleeves. I always manage to get it on me when I don't wear long sleeves. Then it takes a week of warm baths to get it off of me. I get mixed results from POR15. Some surfaces, no matter how clean I get them, will peel. Other times it will stick flawlessly. There are people on here (Dave-87gtVic) that can tell you what to use, who are far more skilled than I am.

Packman

Comment

Got this box for Putter Project, but decided to not install it. So it will go on the CV when the engine swap happens. Wanted to keep it out of the engine compartment, so I decided to use the broken glove compartment.

Packman

Comment

Currently in the process of clearing the CV of the stock stuff. Working on this fuel filter bracket. This car was stripped before it was sold to the 2nd owner (and later to me); and the plastic cup that was used to hold the fuel filter in place was lost or taken. So I took what's left of the bracket off of the car and used electrical conduit braces, 1/4" bolts-washers-nuts, and 5/16" nuts as spacers to hold the fuel filter in line with the holes. It's not straight or pretty, but it will do for now until I find a later style bracket or the one used for my Ranger as it's a better design.

Comment

Suggestion: weld the nuts to the back side of the bracket so you don't need to get a wrench on them in order to change the fuel filter. Don't think the plate is thick enough to tap effectively.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I was using what I had on hand. Just going to run bolts, lock washers, and nuts to attach the conduit braces to the metal bracket; perhaps get shorter bolts and use cap nuts like the ones on the left. Meh, whatever, I have so many things that need doing before I grab the engine from the machine shop.

Comment

Installed the fuel filter and bracket assembly. As well as the fuel supply line; up to the filter. I have yet to finish it as it has rained on my days off and on the weekends. :-/

Lines are 1/2" and were meant for Putter Project. Figured that since this came up first, I would use them on the CV. Overkill, but I already had the coil lying around doin nothing.

Packman

Comment

So I got a little further along with this. I haven't been able to get time off of work as it's busy and the people with seniority took the month off. And it rained a couple of the weekends, which killed time. So far I removed the passenger engine mount, cleaned the frame and 1/2 the crossmember, painted it all with POR15 (wanted to use the bedliner, but it dried up after the 4th opening of that can), and installed new engine mount.

Comment

I took the 02 sensor harness off of the lopo, cleaned it, and soldered on new plugs. I extended the harness by 3" so it's easier to plug and unplug when doing the exhaust work; plus I broke the clips when removing the exhaust.

Also discovered the injector harness plugs underneath a lot of tubing and hoses. Cleared all of that away and unplugged the injector harness. I started replacing the old plugs last night. I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, one of the previous owner's/mechanic broke almost all of the clips on those plugs. To keep the plug on the injector, he and/or she Permatexed them together. Some plugs had Permatex inside of the contacts. Surprised the car ran as smoothly as it did.

Comment

The tabs are really fragile on the injectors harness. I have one broken tab on injector number 5. Sucks too mainly because it is in plain sight.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

At least the injector harness will stay put without much issue most of the time. The coil pack harness wants to push itself off if the tab breaks. Those are even MORE fragile too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My DUI coil pack in the Ranger is like that. I duct taped the plug to the coil pack to keep it from backing all the way out.

Packman

Comment

I'm almost finished with the fuel injector harness. As I was replacing the injector plugs, the wire loom covers were crumbling; so I replaced them as well. I wanted to extend the IAC plug by a few inches so I can use different styles of IAC; I have one for the CV, one for the Ranger, and one off of the '96 F-250. The F-250 IAC fits the intake without hitting things. I'll get pics later when Photobucket is cooperating. :-/

Comment

Comment

Done

Comment

Almost there....

Comment

Working...
                                X