PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Climate control problems? Read This!

How does the ATC sensor unplug from the vacuum harness? I have a donor sensor from the junk yard that I just cut the hoses on, but how does it actually disconnect? There is a white collar around the hoses that I have tried pushing or pulling and that doesn't seem to release anything.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

i want to say there is a small plastic tab that you have to push to get it to unplug.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

That clip is very stubborn.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

and the rubber connector thing likes to become one with the sensor. Might have to stick a pick in there to help get it apart.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

bigger is better over2tonsofFun's Avatar

My 90 MGM with ATC will blow hot only when it is running above 40+ mph. So, should be a vacuum leak? I will have to look into it when I get a chance. May unplug the line to the actuator for the wife to get heat.

Tim
    2000 Ford Crown Victoria
    84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
    85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
    89 Lincoln town car: RIP
    89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
    2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

90 may or may not be vacuum actuator. They changed to electronic controls in the late boxes, pretty sure 91 was electronic, I think '90 may be as well. If it is, none of the vac stuff applies.

Honestly that sounds more like low coolant or some sort of restriction in the core. A vacuum leak won't cause it to do that.

bigger is better over2tonsofFun's Avatar

It is now barely putting out any heat. Even at highway speeds. Coolant level is up. Any other ideas?

Thanks
    Tim
    2000 Ford Crown Victoria
    84 Lincoln Town car signature, R.I.P
    85 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2 door performance project
    89 Lincoln town car: RIP
    89 Crown Victoria LX 2002 USACi sound quality world champion RIP
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
    1994 Mercury Grand Marquis (sold)
    2004 Mercury Marauder. owned for a week then got screwed by the dealer

blend door not moving fully to hot or clogged heater core. Assuming the engine comes up to a decent temp.

Clogged core is easy to check. If one hose is hot and the other is cold, its not moving any water. Both should be pretty hot. If neither are hot the engine isn't coming to temp or the core is so clogged water won't even move through it.

Could also be dirt/dust/mud/grime clogging the fins of the heater core and not allowing flow through it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Excellent info. Thank you.
    All FORD All The Time

if the fins are packed with dirt it won't move much air through the vents.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789