Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with with My defrost.. My Defrost doesn't work, When I switch it to defrost it just keeps blowing out of the vents.. Thanks mangs..BTW Thanks for the thread gadget I can finally fix my "Floor" too

Comment

BTW before anybody links me to this thread I posted this cus I read the whole thread and couldnt find anything on just Defrost fuck ups..

Comment

does it shift to floor when you set it there? if the air doesn't really shift at all and sort of comes out of everyplace all the time, most likely its a problem with the air doors in the plenum. When my car did this, both doors in the plenum had broken at the hinges, causing the doors to just flop around in there uselessly.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It shifts to floor when I put it there but nothing comes out..(Kinda just shuts off) But thats the least of my worries I kinda need my Defrost Haha.. When I put it on defrost and put it on high it blows hardbut it trickels out of the defrost vent an the most of it is coming out of the regular dash vents

Comment

How do you know it's shifting to floor if you don't get anything? I think your first step is to fix the business with the defrost, because the diverter door hinges are probably FUBAR. Once you fix the hinges in those doors, you may get a better idea about what's going on.
            Originally posted by gadget73
            There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
            91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
            93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
            Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
            Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
            95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Allrite will do.. Now, how do I get there?? Haha

Comment

Bypass the TBL. Jump the two electrical wires together and the floor position ought to work. If you want to elimiate it entirely, unplug the vacuum lines and seal them up too. A squeeze of RTV to block them up should do the job nicely. Just let it cure before you start the motor.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

So where is this thermal blower lockout switch. I don't have the floor so i would like to replace it.

Thanks
                  2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
                  2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
                  1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

under the hood near the map sensor. Looks like a coolant flush tee bit with some vacuum lines and electrical hookups. Just trace back the heater hoses out of the firewall and you should find it.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

thank you! ill go look for it today
                      2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
                      2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
                      1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

i have a problem with my heater - when the car stands with the engine running - the heater works fine, but when i driving at 40 mph or faster it becames coldy. any thoughts?
                        '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

the check valve under the hood just about dead center on the firewall that has one line going to the soup can and the other going through the firewall. That's probably in need of replacing. The vent system is loosing vacuum and it defaults to cold in the older cars. It should have one hose coming from the vacuum tree (plastic tube with a lot of lines coming from it) and two lines coming out the other end. Also, check the "soup can" on the driver side to see if it holds vacuum. If it has holes in it, it will cause the same issue. Also check for broken vacuum lines in all of this.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Going cold isn't a vacuum leak. Sounds like you may need to replace the thermostat in the engine. If it is stuck open, the car will over-cool when driving.

Comment

the thermostat is new. the previous has the same symptoms
                              '85 Colony Park LS

Comment

Do you have a temperature gauge in the car? What does it read? Is the coolant level low? Air in the system might cause this problem. Is it an automatic climate control car? Sometimes when the sensors fail, it can cause no/poor heat. Automatic climate control says so on the control unit, and it has temperature numbers on the scale. Non-automatic simply says "cool" and "warm".

Comment

Working...
                                X