No announcement yet.

who is racing at SF 08????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I thought I remembered hearing last year...so which one would we be going to? Is there any advantage of one over the other, helmet requirements notwithstanding? What constitutes a suitable helmet and what would I be looking at spending on one?

Maybe we could all measure our heads and just get a couple different sizes to share...lol

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

They dropped that requirement. Thats actually the reason I didn't race in 07, didn't feel like wearing the helmet. Once we got there they said not required if we were't running under like a 14 or something. Fastest run of the day I don't think got into the 15s so we were well covered.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
        I'll have you covered by at least a second and a half...
        You have an even faster Vespa? Mine has a 33x17x16 Top Fuel dragster tire on the back to help it hook up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
          You have an even faster Vespa? Mine has a 33x17x16 Top Fuel dragster tire on the back to help it hook up.
          Mine runs on the stock 2.5" tread. Black tracking the whole way...
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
            Mine runs on the stock 2.5" tread. Black tracking the whole way...
            Ever watch top fuel drag racing? The guy that spins loses.
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
              Ever watch top fuel drag racing? The guy that spins loses.

Mine runs low 10's on that 2.5" tread.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                That's what I thought I remembered hearing last year...so which one would we be going to? Is there any advantage of one over the other, helmet requirements notwithstanding? What constitutes a suitable helmet and what would I be looking at spending on one?

Maybe we could all measure our heads and just get a couple different sizes to share...lol
                I can get em' on discount at arrow
                R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                Originally posted by MeanVic84
                Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

If I have a worthy car, I'll race.
                  Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS
                  G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                  Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Looking at the 2007 schedule, there probably will not be a test/tune day on the weekend of August 10-11th. Probably Friday Night Street Race. What does that mean for the casual Panther passes? Are there many qualifying passes allowed before the eliminations start on a Friday night? How crowded is it?

Comment

I just wet myself....

NMRA @ Atco NJ is Scottfest Weekend. Friday is Test and Tune. The track is around 129 miles from Skippyville according to Yahoo Maps...
                      Showing up with a group of Panthers on Friday would be way cool.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                        I just wet myself....

NMRA @ Atco NJ is Scottfest Weekend. Friday is Test and Tune. The track is around 129 miles from Skippyville according to Yahoo Maps...
                        Showing up with a group of Panthers on Friday would be way cool.....

WOAH!!!!!!

but damn, that would seriously cut into 'Quality Time'...

(Quality Time: defn: hangin out telling stories and drinking adult beverages)

/rick

Comment

Rick, we're going to want to hear some "Good times in the Navy" stories!
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

the tank will race.
                            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                            Originally posted by pantera77
                            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

considering as current plans are i will be towing the RaceBox with the GirlfriendsP71 I'll be racing
                              GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                              1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                              99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                              03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                              95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Maybe ??????
                                2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                                85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                                07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                                79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Working...
                                X