Clear All

it's different I give it that Don't really like it though

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Pretty cool, looks like a gremlin tho lol

I love it, needs a 460 tho

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88 View Post
        Puts mine to shame.
        No, it doesn't dude.

Comment

Anyone care to explain how they might have fit such wide meats on turbine wheels?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Probably had them widened.
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

i have seen first hand wheels cut in half and sleaves welded into them to widen them. balancing them again is a bitch. it takes a little more than just some sticky weights.

my cardomain page is http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2944469

Comment

Originally posted by portdizzal View Post
                i have seen first hand wheels cut in half and sleaves welded into them to widen them. balancing them again is a bitch. it takes a little more than just some sticky weights.

All depends on how good the job was. I've seen them too, and know quite a few marauder owners that have widened wheels.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I am actually going to have widened 17" steel stockcar wheels on my merk, there's a couple places that widen wheels professionally...
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

WOW !!! this car is where i live, lol ive talked to the guy, it was sitting in his backyard, he's a shop teacher at a high school here in Iowa, and it was a school project, he said just about everything on the car was donated by the kids, he said it was really fast too, i loved the paint job on it, truck bed-coating lol it was so weird
                    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Funky! Wonder if you got a peek at the widened turbines ........

Don't suppose he mentioned why they didn't either get "tudor" doors or splice the front and rear doors to make them longer?
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

he said they cut the wheels them selfs and welded them up with a space he didn't say how mad off balance they were but the whole back was full of waits but he teaches at south east polk in iowa. the only reason i stopped is i was with my cousin and he had a V8 mustang II in his yard so we got to talking about that
                        ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                        ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

I like Mike's idea, should have used the back doors to make the body a little longer and not cut the frame down as much. If it was about a foot longer in the middle it would look great and be about as long as a 2door sedan.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                          X