Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankyou man, I appreciat that.

Comment

I picked up the Mark VII today. It is rotted!! The only useable body panel on the whole car is the hood.

460 my ds t-light is cracked too. and there isn't much if any trim worth using on this car. Sorry about that. Atleast I got the disc brake rear and 11" front brakes for my Stang. And it also has the aluminum turbines on it and the cool bucket seats.

Comment

Bummer dude. You will want to keep the air bag suspension components. Except the bags even if it's not up. The compressor and dryer tank are what people usually need. Sometimes the computer.

Lower front quater panel trim is bad? Mine's slightly bent I want them completey straight. I think I'll have a hard time finding them.

How about the front end below the bumper? I guess it's an air dam.

Rear driver's side brakelight?

Comment

I'll take some pics and if you see anything you want let me know.

Comment

I was going to take some pictures but I checked it over and there is not one piece of trim that I feel is in good enough shape to sell. The trim is either dented or completely warped(rubber pieces ) from the rust bubbling up behind it.

The piece under the bumper is broke(the whole center section of it is gone.

The taillight(the vertical one ) is cracked(and chrome trim around it is pitted ) and the horizontal light is really dull looking and the chrome is covered with rust stains.

I'll pull and hang onto the air ride compressor.

Is the computer under the kick panel like the Mustangs? This guy yanked the engine and trany but he didn't pull the whole harness he cut it up. So I'm thinking the computer is still in place.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's exactly where it is. The computer for the Air Ride is in the rear behind the seat as well as the Anti Lock Break System Computer if it had it that year.

You'll want the cool toggle switch to turn of the air ride. It's for when jacking the vehicle. It has to take alot of current so it would be good for about any thing. 30 amps to run just the compressor.

It's no biggy about the parts thanks anyways. Sorry you couldn't get much out of it. Atleast you got what you need anyway.

Go to FordvsChevy.com if you think anyone would want anything, like glass or even the airbag suspension parts. I know a guy is wanting a digital speedo and stupid stuff like trunk carpeting, just peices. Look in the Hot Rod Lincoln Forums and the threads will say WTB.

Comment

http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52414

Comment

Thanks for the link. There are quite a few dash and interior parts I'm going to pull. If it looks good enough to sell I'm pulling it. The more I can sell the more $$ to put in my Stang!

Comment

Awsome, you'd be amazed at the stupid shit people will need.

Comment

Well so far nobody needs anything. Hey can you tell me if the engine crossmember in the Mark VII is the same as the Fox Stang? The reason I ask is I located a 4 door 81 Fairmont. But is has a 200 inline six. So I'd would need to change it's X-member to swap in my 351W. If I can scrounge up the $$ I might try and grab that Fairmont and use it for my project and just resell the Stang. I'm just not sure if there are any differences in the lincolns X-member because of the air ride. I doubt there is but I don't want to go thru the hassle of pulling it if it won't work. Thanks.

Comment

Ive heard you will need a crossmember specific to pre-82 cars...

I also know a 4cyl crossmember will work..
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I knew the 4 cylinder one would work but I've never heard anything about the 82 and earlier being different. I wonder what they changed.

Comment

I completely forgot, I'll take the headlights if they're not yellowed. Maybe the intereo trim peices that go around the switches, center consol and dash. It looks preferated. Tiny dots that protrude.

Comment

The headlights are yellowed. The interior pieces are probably good(atleast the dash ones I'll have to check over the console piece ). I took some pics but I'm having trouble signing onto cardomain right now.

Comment

I got the pics posted on cardomain. You can check out the rustiest fox chassis I've ever seen. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/791311/2

If you see anything you want let me know.

Oh yea the fairmont is a no go, I just bought another parts car a 90's Tbird with a good running 5.0LHO with MAF. I got it for $200. The body and interior are crap and the AOD is toast but the motor runs great. :banana: Now I need to decide if I still want to swap the 351W into the Mustang or swap in this 5.0LHO EFI motor in. Or I could yank the engine/harness/computer and double my $$ for more parts for the Stang.

Comment

Working...
                                X