Door weatherstripping and other mysteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door weatherstripping and other mysteries

Is it available at a reasonable price for a 1990 CV? Last time I went to the Ford dealership they wanted $150 for a drivers side door seal. Unbelievable.
    Also, I'm having trouble finding the interior vinyl door pull - do any other Ford/Mercury vehicles have the same design/dimension in the correct color( I need a blue one). So far, no luck at the local junkyard.

Check in at the fellars at JC Whitney, they sell all different kinds of the stuff....

What do you mean that you need a BLUE car for replacement, weatherstripping is black my friend.

Good Luck-

-Wes
    sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

Whoopsie, I admit my ignorance....Check some junkyards....Police Car repair stations usually are treasure troves.....

Comment

I tried JC Whitney with no luck - at least the customer rep said that they stocked nothing for pre-92 crown vics. As for Police Car repair stations , how would I go about locating my local branch - call 911?

Comment

No-That will get you a nice fie.

Just check the phone book for local collision repair shops, and just ask them if they have those cars, OR just ask them if theres a repair shop that repairs the police cruisers....They usually have mountains of crashed cruisers or one for parts....Good luck

-Wes

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloovic View Post
              As for Police Car repair stations , how would I go about locating my local branch - call 911?

That i would LOVE to hear come across the scanner-

911-"911, Whats your emergency?"
              Bloovic-"I need parts for my car!!!!!"
              911-"Sir, we do not carry parts, just help..."
              Bloovic-"WHAT-THE-FUCK, I NEED help...To find the damned parts..."

30 minutes later he sees blue lights and handcuffs....

Comment

Sounds reasonable to me. I'm a tax payer godamnit. In fact, this is a great idea and I think I'll call my local police station to suggest it. Now, what phone number do I call?

Comment

I concur with you on the tax whing...I pay taxes on the road, so if I wanna drive on the wrong side, spin tires or go crash a cr on it, as long as I am not hurting anyone else, wtf is their problem? Sorry for the thread jack mang.

-Wes

Comment

I'm impressed your dealer actually gave you a price on a door seal. Most of the time stuff like that has been obsolete and unavailable for years. Basically your options are the dealer, or finding a nice one in the junkyard. You might also try teamfordparts.com, he can sometimes get stuff at better prices.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I want to say someone found some aftermarket stuff that works in the doors....
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I've been looking for it for 3-4 yrs. Scott sent me a nicer set for the drivers awhile back but no luck finding new. You'd think they have a place that can make custom weatherstripping for a reasonable price?
                        sigpic
                        1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                        Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Jc whitney does have it, they just don't know it.
                          They have some generic stuff that comes on a roll.
                          True the corners aren't molded and it isn't all in a big loop, but who cares?
                          Just make the seam at the bottom, and buy enough to replace it in a few years if the corner goes to leaking.

Alternatively, I have used one from the passenger side door. Just lay it out in the sun, and let it warm up first.
                          Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                          AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                          Open/Lock/Ratio #
                          -----------------------
                          G / H / 2.26
                          B / C / 2.47
                          8 / M / 2.73
                          7 / - / 3.07
                          Y / Z / 3.08
                          4 / D / 3.42
                          F / R / 3.45
                          5 / E / 3.27
                          6 / W / 3.73
                          2 / K / 3.55
                          A / - / 3.63
                          J / - / 3.85

Comment

yeah, passenger side stuff tends to be in much better shape usually. I want to take apart a passenger side seat to get the foam out for that reason. Mine is a bit tired.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

351crayz - I agree. By the way, you didn't highjack my thread - relax!
                              Gadget - Yeah, I was surprised too, but not as surprised as the guy at the dealership; he nearly fell of his stool as he quoted me the price!
                              Good Samaritan - is there a specific type of weatherstripping at JCW or is there just one kind of "bulk" product? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X