Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same spacer with the big brakes, yes.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

save some big brake setups for me lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

that's right with stock brakes you need 1.25" spacers so the caps on the stang wheels go on......now i've seen aeros with mustang wheels and no spacers....looks weird tho, tires sit way in.....i'd go with 1" spacers

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

Congrats on the purchase 93tlightning. I have a question for you; do you still own any 1st gen. Lightnings? I figured by your screen name that you have or had one. I am seriously considering a Lightning engine in my ma's CV, however, I don't have any specific literature or catalogs for the engine. I was wondering if you have any recommendations. I haven't really looked on the net and MM&FF just have body parts for the 1st gen. and performance parts for the later Lightnings. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Packman

Comment

it's just a 351 block with gt40 heads and intake, and some crappy 70's marine cam.....the lightning guys install ho cams for more power

Comment

Can't forget about exhaust, lol.
              1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
              1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
              1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                save some big brake setups for me lol
                Scott is there any yards(u pull it) near you that has what i need for the big brake swap? Without me driving all the way to Ez's..
                I just found out your about 30 miles from me
                Scottfest here i come..

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                  it's just a 351 block with gt40 heads and intake, and some crappy 70's marine cam.....the lightning guys install ho cams for more power
                  There were other things that I was looking for that I couldn't find; like CAI for 1st gen. Lightning engines because they point in the same direction as the Panthers; aftermarket throttle bodies and EGRs. Those I can probably find at Edelbrock or something. There were other things, but I can't seem to remember at the moment.

Sorry about the threadjacking 9t3lightning. Though on a related note, your wagon project sounds neat; I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Packman

Packman

Comment

Packman
                    no problem

As for the lightning, Yea i own a 93...Its bone stock, and even at bone stock it moves.Hell with the 4.10's from the factory trying to get it to hook the tires is another thing..
                    I know theres a ton of stuff for the first gen.
                    goto www.nloc.net.. theres a ton of know how on there!

Comment

Originally posted by 9t3lightning View Post
                      Scott is there any yards(u pull it) near you that has what i need for the big brake swap? Without me driving all the way to Ez's..
                      I just found out your about 30 miles from me
                      Scottfest here i come..
                      where are you thinking i live? i'm up in coal country, near pottsville now....my parents house is in birdsboro and i never changed my location....was flip flopping back and forth the first yr or so i had the shop....got tired of all the driving lol.....you are near norristown right? if i'm right, see what shortys has to offer, nice little yard....i've gotten lots of goodies out of there
                      ez pull is about 35 minutes from where i'm at now and harrys in hazlelton is about 40 min.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                        There were other things that I was looking for that I couldn't find; like CAI for 1st gen. Lightning engines because they point in the same direction as the Panthers; aftermarket throttle bodies and EGRs. Those I can probably find at Edelbrock or something. There were other things, but I can't seem to remember at the moment.

Sorry about the threadjacking 9t3lightning. Though on a related note, your wagon project sounds neat; I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Packman

Packman
                        gonna need to source a used lightning egr spacer
                        the throttle body on the lightning is 65mm.......same as the explorer/mountaineer 5.0......i see em all the time on ebay for avg 40-65 bucks shipped......the throttle body if you want an aftermarket is the same as the mustang, but you gotta use the crown vic lever
                        the test work was done for you guys, i'm telling you how to do it on a budget lol

Comment

heres one mang http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/THROT...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

When I do the Lightning build, I am going to gun for aftermarket parts. I'll see what I can save up for the build. If not, I'll be bugging the crap outta you mangs/mangettes and reading the stickies.

Packman

Comment

Packman for 2 grand I'll sell you my 93..
                              Its not pretty but its an entire drivetrain ready to go!PLus a truck wrapped around it

Comment

Originally posted by 9t3lightning View Post
                                Packman for 2 grand I'll sell you my 93..
                                Its not pretty but its an entire drivetrain ready to go!PLus a truck wrapped around it
                                How bad is the body? I'm not trying to knock it but it sounds like it needs some work.
                                Nick
                                88 Colony Park LS
                                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Working...
                                X