No announcement yet.

Wal-Mart Subs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xplods are crap... they look like crap, every one Ive heard sounds like crap... must be crap.

for the pirce you can get Cerwin Vega off ebay, thats all Im sayin...
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

lightning audio is owned by Rockford Fosgate. and a box panther's trunk does not really rattle much. and besides rattle just means that you are wasting energy and sound
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

i beg to deffer on the trunks don't rattle much i have a 85 2 door with 2 huge 15in kickers in the trunk i can't get it to stop rattling the next step for me is to dynomat the whole thing
        ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
        ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

i have earthquake speakers....the price was affordable and they sound excellent and they are made in the usa

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

The only Sony's I will use are the ones you put in the factory locations. The higher grade subs aren't bad... but I wouldn't get the cheap ones. Remember, you get what you pay for.
            1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
            1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
            1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

well 351, what is it you listen to? if you listen to alot of rock i would have to suggest a set of 10"s or 12"s but if all you listen to is country or rap i would suggest 15"s. but if you think you can afford it i would suggest you to get 1 15" and 1 12" and two amps with remote bass gain controls. thats what i do in my car. i have 2 15"s and 2 10"s. by the way they are sony. and the 15"s have enough power to push both sides and the roof of the station wagon out at half power. here are afew brand suggestions when it comes to speaker sizes.
              15"s- cerwin vega, sony
              12"s-pioneer, audio bahn, sony
              10"s-jl, audio bahn, pioneer
              feel free to pm me and let me know about how much you are planning to spend and ill see what i can find you for a decent price and a good set-up.

my cardomain page is http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2944469

Comment

I got my pioneer 10" from walmart, including the cheap Schosch box or however it's spelled, plus a cheapass VR3 200 watt amp, and it thumps nice. The amp lasted about a year and a half. Not sure if it's the amp or the wiring though. I haven't had the time to go and try to fix it, plus it's too damn cold out to be playing with that stuff right now.
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

GL-O have the same amp in the car right now

PortDizzal-I listen country, rock mixes sometimes, but in the car I like country or Hippity hop...Whatever has good bass.....

To me the best bass produced by an artist is by:

Lil Jon
                  ICP
                  Lil Scrappy
                  Lil Wayne....WTF is the deal w/ all them bein "Little"?
                  Trick Daddy
                  Umm...Theres a few more...But you get the idea....

Also for the Kicker amp I have I posted another diagram PD...Hope it helps...As soon as I get Amy's camera I will take real pics of it.....

-Wes
                  sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

here just get these instead
                    Attached Files
                    ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                    ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

So you're GIVING them to me? Damn thats nice.....

Where can I gettem and how much?

And PD, after I get a few things worked out in car, I wouldnt mind droppin $500 a pop on a sub....
                      sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

well my cousin got the subs buy one get one free for 200 and he paid 400 for the screen at wal-mart. and got the sony amp in a trade for some old rims and all the speakers from the junk yard for 5.00 each all infinetys

Comment

When the time comes just tell me your budget, I will be more than happy to help you find an amp and sub online.

Don't buy things at Walmart, the only thing I will buy from there is a wiring kit when every where else is closed and I don't have time to order one while doing an install.

Comment

Crutchfield is the way to go, if you can handle their site lag, lol.
                            1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
                            1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
                            1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Perhaps you can look in JC Whitney. They got subs in there that are twice as powerful as my old Ultimate Attitudes at the same price. Sony makes really good receivers or head units from what I have been told. I was into this briefly over ten years ago, but some of the specs for the subs that I see in JC Whitney are really good for the price.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                              X