Amnesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make sure you build it strong enough so i can get a load of coal over it

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

i think this thread is really beginning to degenerate from a good idea to a blamefest. We ALL need to follow the site's rules, which explicitly state no disrespectful shit outside the BF. Yes, sometimes shit gets by that really should not but its either let some shit slide, or go totally moderation nazi. There isn't really any happy medium. The whole intent here was to not be a mod-nazi site, so things are going to slip through here and there. Quit pointing fingers about who's done what, this nonsense resolves nothing.
      Last edited by gadget73; 01-20-2008, 02:23 AM.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It's either moderate the site and follow the rules, or throw the rules out the window. No sense in having rules if there's going to be little to no moderation.
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          i think this thread is really beginning to degenerate from a good idea to a blamefest.
          +1

And we don't need more rules, just a little bit more moderation. The rules we have should be enforced when someone complains that they are being broken. Of course, when the guy who runs the site trys to kill the argument by posting "Enuff of," well, there goes trying to get yuour point across right? Sorry, I thought we had rules for a reason and this place was open to newcomers. My mistake. I must have completely misunderstood the "Rules of Teh Game", which I read before I ever made my first post. I'll shut up now, you guys figure it out.
          Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
          Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            We ALL need to follow the site's rules, which explicitly state no disrespectful shit outside the BF.
            exactly - Admins should not be giving verbal lashings to anyone outside the BF. If someone does something dumb, there are plenty of ways to bring there stupidity to light without being mean.

If an admin cant exhibit self control and follow the rules of the site, the admin needs to recieve the consequence that any user should.
            ESPECIALLY an admin who is rarely here, and when they are, is usually just to talk trash and death wishes to a member. This admin should not be an admin.
            Any admin that gives verbal lickings outside of the BF should not be an admin. This includes the site owner. How can we expect users to behave if the admin team doesnt? Sarcasm and certain emoticons can be plenty effective to do the job... if a user wants to retalliate and fight backin thier own thread, then they can be subjected to the rules and/or have the thread moved to the BF.
            Likewise any user that gives verbal lickings outside of the BF should not be a user.
            Any user that is here clearly to start trouble, booted.
            Any user that even has a panther but doesnt care enough to think twice about what he posts might piss off an admin, booted.
            One particular who comes to mind posted a completely innapropriate post in one of MY threads, whom has been testing the waters for quite some time, whom I immediately banned, and whom no one seems to miss and hasnt complained yet, some Im sure he's comfortable with the consequences of his actions.

Teachers dont tolerate bullshit in thier classrooms, only at recess... probelm students get removed. Thread moderation may be slow but it will happen, certainly in my threads.
            We dont need to moderate arguments, no, but fights, yes. Disagreesing about facts or procedure is one thing - turning it into name-calling and slander is another.

To sum up... Admins need to behave.
            We need to enforce this no personall attacks thing.
            Threads dont need to be policed, but if something happens, posts should be moved/re-moved and discipline served.
            Poking fun is one thing, being verbally abusive is another.
            People know when they are causing trouble, and may act suprized when they get banned, but hopefully sooner or later will come to a realization that this is a public place and assholes will not be tolerated, and morons will be made fun of.

Im not talking about trying to monitor posts... but if shit hits the fan, it should be cleaned up and the shitter disciplined. Likewise if the shit-ie fights back and takes it even further.

We wouldnt even have to discuss this if people would simply use the same courtesy you would in a real live converstaion - damn internet.
            If you would say you arent courteus in real life, get out of here.
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I'd have to say Pete just summed it all up for us, lol.

Now on the original topic of this thread, are we going through with the mandatory intro for the n00bs still or not? I havn't seen anything yet on that forum stating that you have to do so...

Still saying move it up higher on the main page (first subdivision box) so n00bs can see it when they first come here. Towards the bottom of the page... eh, loses importance. Not as visible.
              1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
              1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
              1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

i agree with what Pete said, just avoid harrassing people except in the battlefield

in my opinion that's a mature solution that no one here should have a problem with
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Also another thing with this amnesty:

If you bring something on, you no longer have amnesty. That's reserved for the innocent. We jsut had a cockbag show his ass in the first post. No amnesty for him.

And this is ALSO not a goddamn finger pointing contest. End of.
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                  X