No announcement yet.

Amnesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, this is sort of a gray area...if you allow them to post in all the areas but then "permaban" them at the first sign of trouble, then there's no second chance. Screw up once and that's it. Seems a little harsh, to me. On the other hand, if you give people a warning before booting them, then before you know it we're practically right back where we started.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
      A month seems a bit long, if you ask me. Maybe a week or two? If we do this, we should make a note in the forum description that noobs are allowed to post tech questions in the noob forum, since often times people sign up because they have some problem with their car that's preventing them from getting to work.
      That's what I was thinking... I would say one week. Within a week introductions would be made, and if the individual would be having any issues with their ride, they would have a basis to start with after getting a few suggestions.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      nobody posts there tho, it would get boring awful quick. I wouldn't hang out on a site that require that I spend time locked into only one forum.
      That's the problem with the n00b forum. No one posts in it. By allowing assistance (which should be done in the first place) in the n00b section, it would help keep the forum going.
      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

I would have been cool with waiting a week. As long as you guys would have come in and checked on me....If my thread died or I lost interest in others...I would have checked in after the week.

Comment

I suggest a person posts an intro, and if they are revealed to be legit, they are good.

No intro within a bit, they are history. They do that on a site I go to.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Well I guess I'm banned then...I never posted an intro....
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
              I suggest a person posts an intro, and if they are revealed to be legit, they are good.

No intro within a bit, they are history. They do that on a site I go to.
              Sounds good to me. I still say we move the link for the n00b forum higher up on the main page however. It sits towards the bottom of the page right now.

Comment

Originally posted by boXman View Post
                Well I guess I'm banned then...I never posted an intro....
                See ya later. :p

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Obviously the intro would be a new thing, and all existing members would follow the grandfather clause. Dummy.

Comment

Obviously the intro would be a new thing, and all existing members would follow the grandfather clause. Dummy.

Now what do we do about those who are bashing the n00bs? Because really, this site has a no-flaming policy outside of the battlefield (though maybe not strictly adhered to) and I think it needs to be enforced in a stronger manner. And if you don't have enough posts (or time) on the forum to go to the battlefield, then nobody should be bashing you anyways.
                    Last edited by Chuck Norris; 01-17-2008, 06:08 PM.
                    Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                    Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Try enforcing it.

It doesn't work, as far as flaming goes. Multi-page shit-throwing parties, however...

Comment

Try enforcing it.
                        You could if certain admins were willing to do so.

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                        ... But understand, in the recent happenings that led me to make this thread in the first place, at least one (maybe two?) admins were guilty parties, and one previous admin. Especially in the case of those who are supposed to be preserving the peace here, the message should be clear - no more bullying the noobs ...
                        And this is why certain admins aren't willing to do so.

What has this site become???

Comment

It's hard when you ain't trying to trample all over freedom of speech.

It's not that I "encourage" bullying. But if someone opens their mouth and doesn't think before hitting the "post" button. that's on them.

I can enforce the no-bully rule in the newbie forum. I can make sure multiple page shitstorms are put in teh battlefield. I can certainly make sure the good thread get the BS removed.

But making people live in harmony with peace and fucking rainbows is NOT going to work.

End of.

Comment

Rule #7 of "The Rulz of Teh Game...."

7. Disrespectful Comments:
                            Flaming is only permitted in the battlefield. Bashing, flaming, name calling or harassment of any kind, will NOT be tolerated under any circumstance anywhere else. Members must show respect for other members of our community at all times. Any posts not in compliance with this rule will be promptly deleted or edited to remove offensive content.

Comment

The severety of such things is relative... I look at most every thread here and I havent seen anything get too out of control before it gets put in the battlefield... but if you feel like an injustice has been done Id be glad to help do something about it.

If its an admin scorning a noob/permanoob, it might be for good reason so its best to keep out of it... if anything too wrong goes on, things do happen. Two people got demoted after the last incident...

And Toms right, no one here feels like being the post police, and no we arent accepting volenteer positions becuase it would get old and annoying very quick.
                              asking "what has this site become"? is like asking "what has the world come to"??? its life!!
                              If you were walking down the street and saw two people arguing in a crowd, some may gawk and stare, most will walk on by and ignore them...
                              If you saw two people fighting, some one might intervene, but since all you can do over the internet is argue, most people are going to watch and/or ignor it...
                              Also simmilarly if some one is scorned in public, they can leave the conversation, or fight back. Likewise here, the person can quit talking about it, or retaliate in the battlefield. If someones thread is marred by something started, crude remarks, we can clean it up, just ask. Certainly if the thread author wants bickering removed from thier thread to preserve its purity or a technical topic, it will be done.
                              Hopefully some of this rambling makes sense...
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I'm not willing to change how I feel about idiot noobs. I'm also not willing to hold my tongue when it comes to certain things.
                                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X