No announcement yet.

Amnesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I can see how "policing" the entire content of the site could be problematic without turning it into a facist regime. And overall, I have been more than pleased with how situations have been dealt with at GMN. Only once did I have a problem with how something was handled, and it all worked out fine in the end. My problem at the moment still has to do with noobs, especially who have transfered from CVN, being spoken badly of and getting their reputations trashed - before we even get to know them. I mean, just because a couple people think Leaky Valve Seals is not cool doesn't give them licence to call him an idiot and say he is a habitual liar. Maybe those people just misunderstood him. Or perhaps he is an idiot, I dunno. But they shouldn't be able to ruin my opinion of him befoe I even get a chance to know him.

That said, I'm not trying to disrespect anyone, and this is the last I'll say of it, because Tom has already pretty much indicated that there is little we can do. So I leave this in the hands of the admins, and respectfully ask that you have a word with those who are slandering other members. Please tell them to wait until that member has battlefield privleges and then they can fight it out in the proper format. That's all I'm saying.

As always, I think this is a great place, and I appreciate the fact that we have a suggestion box here, even if every possible idea can't be made into law or practice. It speaks to the general good atmosphere at this site and the unity that the admins intend and encourage, even if there are a few people who would muck it up.

Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
    Bone stock... for now.

Comment

I apologize if I may have stirred anything up with my last two posts... just been thinking about an issue with one of our admins bashing one of our members lately (even if that member isn't exactly knowledged, still gives no right).

However I am glad we've been able to accomplish a lot with the posts that Chuck and I started, and I'm pretty anxious to see how it'll play out!

I never have gotten any feedback on moving the n00b's forum link higher up on the page though... I think it would be a good idea. It's not really one of the first things you see when you go onto the site, since it's towards the bottom of the page...
      1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
      1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
      1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Just to clarify, are you talking about me and 88Vic in the battlefield?
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I personally think we need to beat their asses with a color-changing Kool-aide mixing spoon, the type that changes colors when you stir the kool aide packet into cold water.

End of story.

Comment

can we give them pop rocks and cola too?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln View Post
              Just to clarify, are you talking about me and 88Vic in the battlefield?
              No, the battlefield is the battlefield for a purpose, lol. I rarely venture into the battlefield for that matter, lol.

Comment

Ah okay, must be someone else then. I keep all my poo poo in the battleroom
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Paul_
                  Mercury Mang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan, next time you plan on running a red light, would you please do us all a favor?

Run it when a gas truck is crossing the intersection.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

And I think another comment I made I mistakenly believed it was made by an admin, but it may not have been. It may be that my mouse pointer was too close to the Sign-in Name on the screen so it lit up red, and I thought it was an admin. Either way, the above comment was really bad coming from an admin to a new member. And Krasny and LTDMaster (I think) were giving the guy hell too. Krasny called him a compulsive liar and said he craves attention. These are the comments I had trouble with.

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Doesn't look like you keep it ALL in teh battlefield. This is from OTB:

"grandpaslincoln
                      Extinction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sick of you fucking noobs. All you useless motherfuckers need to get the fuck off our board. When you become useful, maybe I'll think about acknowledging your existence, otherwise, FUCK OFF."

Dude, what the hell? I think this is exactly the kind of thing we're complaining about....

Bone stock... for now.

Comment

I don't see the problem.
                        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

All comments aimed at 351wcrayz. And I'm sorry Tom, but you've done the majority of it.

Might aswell put up on the banner "If we don't think your smart enough we'll dog you until you leave! Happy posting!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                            I would like to suggest this: if someone joins our community at GMN who happens to be a member of another site (such as CVN), they join this site anew. They are to be treated as a newcomer, not someone with a bad history from another site. I realize that someone may be a :asshat: on another site, but that doesn't mean they will act like one here. Maybe our more open and relaxed enviornment will bring out the better side of the individual in question. But treating people like :poop2: because they did something distasteful elsewhere is rude and unwelcoming. This site was started on the premise of being different from the other Panther site(s) in attitude, right? If a person is approved to join this forum, they should be treated like a member, not like persona nongrata for things they did elsewhere.
                            Chuck some of us have been rubbed over there are some guys that pretend to be your friend then the`ll lie to u & then Hijacking your PM thats a real dickheaded retards = CVU in my case over 1 Troll & some others CVN but never the less I`m now over it but u will on time to time have to deal w/ some Trolls now & then that life Chuck Thx God for GMN CVN & MMN for me..........
                            2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                            85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                            07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                            79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Only annoying people get a little harrasment. Ya'll need to build a fucking bridge and get over it.
                              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

+1
                                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Working...
                                X