• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87LongroofCP View Post
    The pump came with a new drive shaft
    Cool.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    the hv pump might be ok, might not. its not really neccesary though. theres a chance it could end up keeping too much oil up in the top of the motor and cause the pump to cavitate. i would definitely suggest a stronger pump drive shaft with a higher volume pump though.
    Originally posted by cld783 View Post
    i wouldnt use the hv pump either. do some more research on it and you'll see why.

Or more simply put, there's said to be a chance of sucking the oilpan dry at high RPM. Standard pumps will keep the majority of street engines happy and oiled up to at least 5k RPM.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Just came back from the auto parts store and changed the pump for a stock one, thanks!!
      sigpic
      Current Rides
      67 Cougar XR7
      97 Mountaineer 5.0
      03 Ranger XLT

Comment

That works. It'll probably be easier on your distributor shaft as well.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I know this maybe the wrong section, Anybody have a bored egr spacer for sale? Maybe an upper HO intake also, May need a throttle body also. I think the Mark VII parts I have are from an 86 not later, the bore looks small, Cant find a reasonable machine shop around here. Please e-mail me direct at spam460@aol.com if you have, with shipping cost to 29650. Many Thanks!!!
          sigpic
          Current Rides
          67 Cougar XR7
          97 Mountaineer 5.0
          03 Ranger XLT

Comment

Picked up the correct HO upper intake, t/b and spacer today, Thanks to all that responded. The work continues!!
            FYI...The upper intake, and t/b I had, I removed myself from a little old man, one owner 87 Mark VII LSC, had the HO intake plate and HO headers.
            This car had never been modded. But the parts were no different from the ones on my lopo. The only difference was the #19 injectors. Maybe an early 87 built with leftover 86 parts?

sigpic
            Current Rides
            67 Cougar XR7
            97 Mountaineer 5.0
            03 Ranger XLT

Comment

the 87 LSC is an 86 Mustang HO. flat top pistons, E6 heads, 55 mm throttle body (vs the standard 60 for an HO) and a slightly smaller upper intake, but its still bigger than the regular lopo upper intake. The intake plate is also usually unique, and happens to be the only one you can spin backwards on a Panther and not have it look retarded and upside-down. Camshaft has very similar specs to later HO cams, slightly less exhaust duration but a slightly more aggressive ramp rate or something. Small differences either way.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hi everyone, I have my CP back together, It runs super! I still need to adjust a couple of things. The power gains from the HO conversion, and the E7 ported heads are amazing.. I have only driven it about 25 miles, the engine skip problem is gone. The noise I had at start up is barely there (wrist pin?)
                An interesting note, when I took out the old ecm, it had a Ford label on it that said for 3.0 Taurus/Sable only. That can't be good.
                Can't thank you guys enough for the tips and advice, esp. Gadget73 Thanks again
                sigpic
                Current Rides
                67 Cougar XR7
                97 Mountaineer 5.0
                03 Ranger XLT

Comment

probably dead bearings if its a typical formerly lopo 302. they get noisy like that on startup. keep oil in it, don't rev it to the moon, and it'll be fine.

that 3.0 taurus sticker is on lots of things. i dont know why but i've seen it on standard lopo v8 ecms and ho ecms. i think someone at the sticker factory got nuts and just slapped them on everything for a couple years.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                  X