Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Panthers,
    Scott exited my cp duals in front of the Cp
    rear wheels because I was worried about exhaust getting in through the tailgate and asphixiating my dogs. Donald McCaig

Comment

Yeah, that's why wagon tails always exit to the side of the car, and why I need to reconfigure mine from emptying to the rear.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

This is how the brick was stock. The exhaust was redone at one point though. I am going 45s behind the rears, I just need to have the weather warm up to have my exhaust guy can bend them up for me.

2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

why oh why couldn't you find a car in the condition of mine, cracking paint and crappy woodgrain and trim!!!!! Mine actually needs a bunch of bodywork...
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

mike your wagon is in better shape than any of my panthers.....stop whining lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

bah! never! That car had PERFECT trim!
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by VintageBlueOval View Post
                Maybe my tailpipes have been replaced, but they look about the same age and condition as the stock cats. I added the chrome tips. You can't tell from this picture, but they come out in front of the bumper, in line with the leading edge of the taillight.

i want some of thoes tail light reflectors fo mine

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                  Not any that I've seen.... all right behind the wheel, single or dual...
                  could be an canadian thing? i ve never seen any here that are stock behind the wheel on dual

Comment

mine are behind the wheels about10 inches or so...for now
                    '88 Colony Park, white with wood grain contact paper, K code axle, hose pliers on heater hoses, factory duals, big plans in the future...

'83 Toyota 4x4, 31x10.50 15, could use a new carb, custom humidifying holes in the roof, mud based paint...

Comment

...now they end where the mufflers used to begin. sawzall FTW!
                      '88 Colony Park, white with wood grain contact paper, K code axle, hose pliers on heater hoses, factory duals, big plans in the future...

'83 Toyota 4x4, 31x10.50 15, could use a new carb, custom humidifying holes in the roof, mud based paint...

Comment

I wanted to update this thread for future reference.

Wagon dual tailpipes are largely extinct, as I am searching for a set for the 90.

I found three additional part numbers by AP Exhaust:
                        64704 - 1980-89 passenger dual type (exits at rear instead of right behind wheel as single)
                        64705 - 1980-89 driver
                        64721 - 1990-91 passenger single/dual type (both exit at rear)
                        AP does not carry a 1990-91 driver side
                        The bad news: both 64704 and 64705 are discontinued. I've searched the web high and low and found several places that say they have them. I've ordered and none have been able to actually fill the order. 64721 is available as of now.

Looks like it's modifying sedan tails for drivers side if you want a factory replacement drivers side.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

The only other place you could get you to do the pipes is Waldron Exhaust in Michigan. If you don't want mufflers, it's going to be a couple hundred bucks for custom bent pipe matching the molds from Walker Exhaust system - they then ship it to you. Nice people, been to their facility in Michigan to pick up pipes for my 66 Country Squire. Nice folks.
                          -Nick M.
                          Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                          03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

My buddy's old '91 Wagon had the factory tow package and duals. All that was left was the drivers side tail and it exited behind the tire. We harvested dual exhaust from a '90 Town Car for it. It actually lined up pretty well and would have fit great and exited just shy of the bumper, but as we already know, it hit the spare tire well on the passenger side. What we were going to do was use the over-axle bends and chop the tails where they turn outwards to go around the trunk pan, with a 9" or so tip this would give you a nicely lined up nearly factory looking almost 45* exit behind the tire and would have fit the wagon perfectly. We never got that far though, an adapter would have to be fabricated to attach the tails to the mufflers he had (Town Car mufflers didn't line up right, and the aftermarket ones were shorter) and the friend of a friend that installed his mufflers wasn't equipped to make them (a ~10" piece with a slight S bend). The car was acceptably quiet with just the H-pipe and mufflers dumped before the axle so that is how it lived the rest of its days.

FWIW, since he had those '90 Town Car tailpipes lying in his garage, I compared them to the ones on my '97 Town Car and they were identical. I then compared them to the tailpipes off my '96 and they were also nearly identical except for the length between the final bend and the turn-down being shorter due to the shorter trunk section of a GMQ. So if you are planning to modify sedan tailpipes, get stainless ones off an Aero since the only part that was different won't be used anyway.
                            -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
                            1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
                            1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
                            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

My factory passenger side is intact, so the spare tire well problem is solved there. I'll steal an LTC driver side next time I see one ripe for picking. Already have the stainless H pipe.
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                              X