No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, What a clean look that seat brings to the already clean interior. Really nice ! The lumbar support if inflatable, might adapt better to the buyer. Depending on the vehicle I will either like or hate a lumbar support in about 10 seconds.

Comment

Extra hole I'm guessing is one that would have been used on split bench cars but wasn't on your original solid bench? I know the seats in my car have 4 bolts to the floor.

Seats look good, and that does look to be a nice match.

seems odd the lumbar would make a bulge in the lower seat cushion, it ought to be in the lower part of the back rest. Unless that was because of the adjustment mechanism? +1 on it being great or terrible though, very much depends on exactly where it pushes.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That seat does look good in there. Color looks right, at least on my computer screen.
        Looking forward to seeing everything finished with the other seat in there.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Those seats look great in your CV!

Wish I knew about these seats when I had my Malibu. IIRC, I replaced the bench seat with APC buckets thru JC Whitney; which were a more pronounced version of what you got. I think I ran into the same problem; I just don't remember what needed to be done lower the seat. Those APC seats were very firm; and made swiveling out of seat when exiting uncomfortable. And they looked out of place in that car. Though, they did come with sliders; and I bought sliding mounts; which made that car more driveable for my Mom.

Comment

Thanks guys! The lumbar was in the back, but it made it bulge in a weird way.

For others information: I used a 2" wide piece of steel for the front and back. I ended up moving all the holes/studs again as far apart as possible to shift the seat even further back. The separation between the studs going into the slider and seat mounting holes are about 1.5" apart. If someone were to be able to get 2.5" steel and separate them further, i'd say even better. It's been really annoying re-adjusting everything.

The power seat switches are not going to be able to go on the sides. There's just no way. I'm going to make a bracket to mount them under the front of the seat.
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

just make sure the switch placement is high enough to clear any fixed part of the track.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Success- clearances should be good. It took me a lot longer to make these than I thought. I still have to cut down the legs on the passenger side, but after that they're good to bolt in! I'm HOPING to pull the engine and trans in February (late Feb). That way I can start swapping parts onto the new engine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6638.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	1288582Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6644.jpeg
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	1288583Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6645.jpeg
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	1288584
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Oh nice mounts for the seat controls.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looking good. Fab stuff always takes longer than it my brain thinks it should.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Nice looking job there. Just gonna throw up a pic from 1981 may be of interest somehow. Car was brand new. Click image for larger version

Name:	1981 Ford police car radios.jpg
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	1288586
                      No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Comment

Originally posted by tbear853 View Post
                        Nice looking job there. Just gonna throw up a pic from 1981 may be of interest somehow. Car was brand new. [ATTACH=CONFIG]55728[/ATTACH]
                        Love these vintage police car photos. I’ve never bucket seats in one that early.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

This is very cool. Base model with bucket seats.. why are there THREE radios? I wonder what it says on the dash there?
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

3 radios... probably local, county, state radio splits?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Where's the S.C.M.O.D.S.?

Sorry, compulsion made me ask that.

Comment

Had to look that one up.. haha

Got the large case 3G alternator physically in. I'm amazed it not only bolts in, but the belt lines up properly too.. Lots of old wiring to eliminate. I'm going to be able to hide a lot of it thankfully. New marine grade battery cables and terminals.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6659.jpeg
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	1288589Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6661.jpeg
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	1288590Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6662.jpeg
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	1288591
                                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X