No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh. Nice. I would not be opposed to those in the least for my car. Looks like a good choice. Any ideas on console as of yet...custom...existing ford product? Please make one power...basically do all the figuring so I can just copy you later
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-09-2020, 08:53 PM.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Oh and I see what you mean about spice v. tan. Spice seems a bit lighter....tan a tad darker. I would think spice would fit better in my car being its like a light beige color. Your interior tan/beige/caramel color is an oddball. And you going to shop around? Seems like a wide spread of prices around the web.

EDIT. I see when you select a color the price changed dramatically. I like some of the options corbeau offer on the site. You have me all excited Phil.
      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-09-2020, 09:09 PM.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Haha I'll be sure to report details when i figure it all out! Spice is a factory Jeep color, and you can find a bunch of aftermarket stuff in the color. I'm hoping it's what matches up with my interior. Corbeau even makes adapter plates/brackets that allow their seats to bolt right on to Box body seat brackets. They are kind of pricey ($125), and are easy enough to make with a welder, which is what I'll be doing.
        I'm equally as excited, my bench seat has gotten worse and worse. I probably shouldn't be spending money on seats with the engine build going on, but it's happening.
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I will be watching closely if I decide to go this route. I like the tall headrests as they are close in size to the halo headrests I currently have in the car and I think everything looks pretty good. I just struggle lately with doing thing too far from factory. I just put the stock radio back in! Id want to keep them power...would have to figure out where to mount switches and what not which is not difficult just need to make it look like it came that way. Right now I would be leaning towards the extra dough on the brackets. Once I see what you are talking about I may change my mind. I am not afraid of making things but when such thing is an off the shelf item sometimes its hard to argue not getting it. Hurry up corbeau and get Phil his samples.

I see they offer 79 to 86 LTD and then 87 to 95 crown victoria.....something is fishy surrounding the brackets.
          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-10-2020, 06:21 AM.
          ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            I see they offer 79 to 86 LTD and then 87 to 95 crown victoria.....something is fishy surrounding the brackets.
            +1 should be '79-'89 and '90+ for panthers. I wouldn't be surprised if those brackets don't work for any panther. The generic stock picture on all the listings doesn't help.
            Shipping seat brackets might be a bit expensive as well if someone has both P+D sides. JY picking in the Detroit area JYs has been a bit sparse this year thanks to covid (even whales), but these brackets are likely to show up in a JY around here. Grand1 probably still has the P-side manual brackets from his '87, but I'm not sure if shipping cost would be worth it, especially for half a set (P side only). Probably better to wait for a full set to pop up.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I know the feeling about keeping it original...I think both of us are past that at this point. lol. I figured for non-panther owners, people would have to look twice to realize they arent stock seats. If I wasn't DDing the car every day, i might keep the bench, its just so damn uncomfortable. The benefits outweigh keeping it in the car

My theory is that by "LTD" They may mean the baby/foxbody LTD (i dont know the exact range of years) If you called them they were very helpful, I'm sure they could answer this. The crown vic brackets probably fit all 79-89 panthers, they may just have not had the earlier models to test them on. You already need stock Brackets that bolt to the floor pans (which Dave has), The brackets they sell simply bolts the corbeau seat sliders, to the stock brackets

*Edit: The 85-91is the kind i described. The earlier LTD bracket say it bolts right to the floor... Definitely worth calling about to see what you need if you're getting them

**Edit: Now i'm confused, im beginning to think the seats don't come with sliders. I'll have to call them and find out. If not I don't think its a big deal as long as the stock brackets I'm getting come with sliders. I don't know what a stock seat bracket looks like/if they are separable. Especially power to non-power
              Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 12-10-2020, 11:05 AM.
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

I dont think the seats come with anything other than the seat.
                ~David~

Comment

From LMR website: Seat Track Note
                  All Corbeau seats require proper seat tracks per designated year. These seats will not fit factory seat tracks. Proper Corbeau seats tracks will need to be purchased.

Still unclear what the hell it comes with. I guess one just needs to adapt the stock rails to the seat via some custom adapter and some metal.

I seemed to have missed this yesterday while browsing the corbeau site: https://corbeau.com/ford-crown-victo...seat-brackets/

That would be the intermediate piece needed to bolt the corbeau to the existing panther seat rails.

Generic picture from corbeau:

If it is as simple as that there is likely no chance of me purchasing one over fabricating one. Just to damn simple to make..why waste the money.
                  Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-10-2020, 12:22 PM.
                  ~David~

Comment

looks about right. The stock seats are nothing at all special if you've ever had one off the rail. Looks like a box of C channel that attaches with 4 bolts. Just need a functional duplicate at the right height to attach the bits together. Not sure if flat or box or rectangle stock is the right height but you could mock it up easy enough by just putting the tracks in place and putting the seat on top with variously thick wood bits until its where you need it.

I'm honestly not overly set on stock seats, they just have to look like they belong there. Those generic cheap ricer bucket things would look stupid. These look like it could have been an option. Same opinion with most any modification, it has to fit with the look of the rest of the car.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm not too worried, after looking at a picture of stock power seat brackets, it shouldn't be too hard to adapt.

I received the samples- "Spice" is close enough that I'm happy with it. It's VERY similar to "Saddle Tan" which a bunch of my interior panels have been SEM color coated with, that's a stock 90's mustang color.

I believe I have decided on a center console as well:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/rugge...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

It's flat on the bottom, so I will probably make side brackets out of angle iron to mount it. This is assuming it will fit between the seats once they are mounts (but i dont think that will be an issue because our cars are wider inside than a jeep)
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Cool. Gotta take into account how tall that may be. The driveshaft/tranny hump may make that sit higher than one may like. I think jeep floors are flatter.

Waiting on your seat install.
                        ~David~

Comment

Rotating short block is all assembled, I still have to check the cam with the cam degree kit I got. Trickflow heads have been on backorder for a month...the supplier says they still arent sure when they will get them to ship to me. I'm sure Trick Flow is short handed now due to the virus.

I ordered a large case 130amp 3G alternator. Marine grade wire and lugs (4 gauge for the alternator to mega fuse, to battery) and all new 2 gauge battery cable wires, also marine grade, and marine grade brass lugs. I want full power all the time... hehe. I found this site that makes them for you, lugs and all, pretty inexpensively and all made in USA
                          https://www.batterycablesusa.com/

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6419.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	1288488
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Bummer on the back order.

I am always worried about the lugs not matching up nicely to its terminals with wire twist and all. Same goes for premade hydraulic hoses. They never seem to want to just “lay right into place”.

Seat status?
                            ~David~

Comment

thanks for the link for those cables. Something to keep in mind next time I need a set. The commonly available ones are junky and I hate those bolt-together battery ends.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I’ll for sure report back on the quality of the wires when I get them.

Yeah I have found local pre-made ones to be lacking in quality as well.

The seats should be here on Monday (I hope). Unfortunately Jaywish (who has seat brackets) has come down with the virus, hopefully he will make a full, quick recovery!
                                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X