PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

View Poll Results: What type of exhaust tips should I get?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Straight out the back like the current POTM has

7 58.33%
  • The look i had before with the tips pointed downward out the back

5 41.67%
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Default 1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Well I'm new to the site so I figured I'd introduce my car. As the thread title says its a 1982 Ford LTD-S Police car with a 351 windsor and all the bells and whistles, if your interested in it I have a car domain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931560

I'll post up some pictures later and what not but let me know what you think its in pretty good shape and i'm trying to take really good care of it especially since the LTD-S's are getting pretty rare.

Nice pics! I hadn't realized the two-headlight model was available in '82.

PM me when you're ready to ditch those valvecovers; I may have a mailing address for you to send them to.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Click below to buy my cool '81 LTD:

Working with half my brain tied behind my back just to make it fair Nathan in MI's Avatar

Nice car!!! Mine's a police car, too, but it's not in nearly as good of shape as yours is. An S model, too, huh? I don't think we have any of those around here yet. Welcome to GMN! We're glad to have you!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Haddonfield New Jersey?!! Hi neighbor!
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Too much stuff to list in my signature...
    Blue
    Mods So Far:
    5.0 HO Swap from 92 Cougar, GT40 Intakes With Remanufactured GT40P Heads, Contour Cooling Fans, Autodimming Mirror With Compass, Frankensteined but fully functional JBL Premium Sound System, Working A/C, Big Front Brake Swap, more mods to come soon!

Hey, WOW someone from westmont what are the odds of that? Nice vic, i'm checking out your cardomain right now! I'll be sure to post more on this site tomorrow, I like how fast you guys get back to a new thread, I decided to join because i've been getting a lot of information off this site recently and it helped me a lot.
    -Phil

+'82 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, GT40 Heads, 2150 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Baumann Shift kit.
    +1975 Maverick- Fuel injected 302, Trickflow 170 heads, XE270 cam, explorer intakes, 24# injectors, custom tune. T5 transmission, 3.55 Yukon Trac-Lok rear.
    +1989 Mercury Colony Park "Large Marge" Lopo 302. 3.55L K-Code Tow package, Baumann Shift Kit, Big brake swap, rear discs, HO intake/TB, custom exhaust.

Good to hear! Are you in highschool still or are you out?
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Blue
    Mods So Far:
    5.0 HO Swap from 92 Cougar, GT40 Intakes With Remanufactured GT40P Heads, Contour Cooling Fans, Autodimming Mirror With Compass, Frankensteined but fully functional JBL Premium Sound System, Working A/C, Big Front Brake Swap, more mods to come soon!

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Drool

Schaweet!!!

Packman

That thing is badass, I love it!

Nice to see another proud owner out there too!
    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Thanks! Yeah I'm a senior at Haddonfield Memorial, the car actually beat out all the BMW's Mercedes and all the other cars running against it for best car in the school, It just goes to show you really don't need a new expensive car to have a cool, classy car like ours. I wish I had an autosho class like you 86vickylx, I'd have signed up in a heartbeat.
    -Phil

+'82 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, GT40 Heads, 2150 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Baumann Shift kit.
    +1975 Maverick- Fuel injected 302, Trickflow 170 heads, XE270 cam, explorer intakes, 24# injectors, custom tune. T5 transmission, 3.55 Yukon Trac-Lok rear.
    +1989 Mercury Colony Park "Large Marge" Lopo 302. 3.55L K-Code Tow package, Baumann Shift Kit, Big brake swap, rear discs, HO intake/TB, custom exhaust.

There are a couple of guys from Haddonfield in our Autoshop. Do you know a Brian Penacoli? Sorry I can't spell his name. He's a senior and he drives a dark green RX7.

Vicky
    Blue
    Mods So Far:

What's your name?

Vicky
    Blue
    Mods So Far:

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Looks pretty clean, especially for a police car. You're about 45 minutes north of me. I'm way down here in a little place called "last exit before bridge".

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

BTW, I really like the custom radio surround. It's close to the look I want for a project I'm working on. You say the wood is cherry; what stain/varnish did you use?

not embarrassed on a scooter 85crownHPP's Avatar

very nice - I especially like under the hood... very clean!

to GMN!

Beautiful LTD you have, love the push bumper. Looks to be in excellent shape, definitely not many of the ltd-s' around anymore.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987cp View Post
    BTW, I really like the custom radio surround. It's close to the look I want for a project I'm working on. You say the wood is cherry; what stain/varnish did you use?

oh wow, super base model, no rear defrost. Thats the first one of those climate control head units I've ever seen installed in a car. I've seen one in a box of parts before, but thats it.

That dash trim looks interesting too. Most of the plastic facing on the dash on these was a crappy looking fake woodgrain, not interior color. I kinda like the interior color better actually. The real wood is a nice touch as well.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    oh wow, super base model, no rear defrost. Thats the first one of those climate control head units I've ever seen installed in a car. I've seen one in a box of parts before, but thats it.
    My '87 wagon has no rear defrost. I'll have to get you a pic of its original control unit. :p

That's it. That's the heater-control that I want.

My rear defrost don't work anyways lol.
    1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

GMN Young Gun FastGallopingPonies's Avatar

Beautiful looking car man, Welcome and enjoy your stay.
    Resident diesel addict

Has-been that never was. Blaze86Vic's Avatar

Very clean! You are doing some awesome work on that car and it's top rate man! Hope to continue to see progress! And hope you can make it down to ScottFest 08 as well! Keep on rollin'!

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast