No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which EZ Pull? If I get my CV running and moving; the next mission will be getting the body work done. Those fenders look to be in good shape; or at least better than what I got.

Comment

It had rot, the support had a large hole in it, despite the undercarriage being rust proofed at one point. The cover had some rot forming on the very bottom too, chrome was nice though

EZ Pull and Save in new ringgold, i cant quite recall, but they are probably decent
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

bumpers are annoying, the ones with shiny chrome often have bad rust problems and the ones with zero rust seem to have garbage chrome. The set on the Conti now are shiny but deeply pitted on the inside. I treated them with rust converter and painted the inside but my zero-rust original bumpers with the junk chrome are stored on a shelf for if/when the shiny ones rust through.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Did you pull the trunk lid? I grabbed the hood off of it just to have a spare! Looked like it had a 351 in it.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

A buddy of mine got the trunk lid, although I just noticed part of the bottom lip of my trunk is separating due to rust..not sure whether to try to separate it further and de-rust, or find a rust free one. The doors bottom lips are all like that as well, which scares me for future body work. I hadn't realized it was a 351W, the brackets were gone if I remember correctly?
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
              A buddy of mine got the trunk lid, although I just noticed part of the bottom lip of my trunk is separating due to rust..not sure whether to try to separate it further and de-rust, or find a rust free one. The doors bottom lips are all like that as well, which scares me for future body work. I hadn't realized it was a 351W, the brackets were gone if I remember correctly?
              ugha....I forgot to grab the brackets too. lol They are still there......

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4414.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	1289761
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

should harvest those just in case someone needs them. John got the set I had.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  should harvest those just in case someone needs them. John got the set I had.
                  I failed at searching...which are the desired brackets?...I feel like an idiot....I was there on the 25 of October on my way out to Cleveland and went back on the 31..on my way home...totally slipped my mind each time.
                  ~David~

Comment

did any 302's come with the VV? That has a strange tubular bracket going to the alternator bracket that mine never had... The A/C brackets are definitely 351W specific
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Yes, the 255 and the 302s had VVs. The VV on the 351 is a larger size.

Comment

Finally started my fuel infection journey. Modified a stock aftermarket crown vic fuel pump hanger to fit a high volume fuel pump. The metal hanger wasn't manufactured right...it wouldn't sit in the fuel tank correctly, so I had to grind some metal off to fit. Assembled all the other rubber bits and vent valve into the tank. Once i drop the old tank ill seal off the old tubes in the sending unit and install it in this new one.

Name:	IMG_9665.jpeg
Size:	4.24 MB
ID:	1289874Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9666.jpeg
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	1289875Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9668.jpeg
Size:	4.55 MB
ID:	1289876
                        -Phil

sigpic

Comment

gotta love buying a brand new thing and having to modify it so it actually fits where its supposed to.

Comment

Nice job with that fuel pump

Comment

Nicely done!

I ended up getting a new tank when I did my fuel pump. That way I could assemble everything in the basement without worrying about the fumes.

Comment

Thanks guys. It's expected that I'll have to modify something, most of the time! It is nice having a new gas tank to work on.

Modified my sending unit to work with the new tank. Cut the pickup, shortened the float rod, and welded the old fuel line holes shut. It seems aftermarket units havent been available for a while, and NOS ones are insanely expensive. So this works for now.

Name:	IMG_9785.jpeg
Size:	5.47 MB
ID:	1289879

Name:	IMG_9786.jpg
Size:	237.3 KB
ID:	1289881

Name:	IMG_9790.jpeg
Size:	3.42 MB
ID:	1289880
                                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X