Clear All

Fits beautifully.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      3 radios... probably local, county, state radio splits?
      radio on top looks like a GE CB radio. Also I count 4 mics, but one may be the hailer speaker. L to R that I can identify, looks like a Motorola, likely the GE mic, Turner RK56, no idea. Motorola made a lot of police radios.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

This is not in order, There is the CB then then there is one for the department with it's own frequency. Another radio could be a the type where you could select another department to be able to listen to or communicate with. The communication with other departments was discontinued due to safety issues. Then there is a scanner which can monitor a variety of frequencies with a lock in feature. 4 mics. I CB, 1 Department to dispatch. One possible car to car within the same department. One between other agencies. What a mess especially if you have emergency traffic.
        Now It is one mic. Car to dispatch . Radio extenders. Cell phones. and a data terminal/computers. Who knows what other new goodies have been added.

Comment

Old engine and trans are just about ready to come out. Going to pull them on St. Pattys day with the help of my buddy and girlfriend. I decided to eliminate the oil cooler, its too much of a liability, and not really necessary. Going to take the driveshaft to get balanced as well, just in case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6991.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	1288745Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6989.jpeg
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	1288746
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Good luck with the pull.

Did you mount your passengers seat in yet and get all the switches and motors in?
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Good luck with the pull.

Did you mount your passengers seat in yet and get all the switches and motors in?
              Thanks! Yes I did. It’s not wired yet, and the one driver side motor doesn’t seem to work. Waiting for them to ship out the center console I ordered
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

"What I saw (heard) today"

I heard something vicious, when I turned I saw a beautiful red maverick with race wheels & a grabber hood.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                  "What I saw (heard) today"

I heard something vicious, when I turned I saw a beautiful red maverick with race wheels & a grabber hood.
                  I miss the Mav, it had that raw barely controllable power that made it great. I'm hoping to get something like that out of the LTD when its done
                  -Phil

sigpic

Comment

You dont have it anymore? I am out of touch...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Wow! Your engine bay is clean.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                        Wow! Your engine bay is clean.
                        I said the same thing to myself...then I remembered he is still taking that out and putting something even nicer in. Going to look great phil.
                        ~David~

Comment

Haha, thanks! Well it was all painted 3 years ago- the guys at car shows put my engine bay to shame...although they probably don't use their cars as daily drivers.

St. Pattys day pull was a success! I've had an engine vibration for a while now, I thought it was the engine getting old and out of balance. Turns out the engine mount bracket bolts on one side had worked their way loose. Not only that but both the new mounts (as of 3 years ago) are broken, the rubber center completely separated from the rest of the mount. They were crap going in. I have 1 NOS mount thats like new, and have 2 more NOS ones in OK shape from ebay coming. I'd rather put old ford parts in, than new Chinese crap. Oh and my transmission linkage had a loose bolt as well.. loctite for everything this time!

Old engine is all torn down, and i'll start cleaning things up and transferring them over to the new engine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	161971324_10165310628440392_8666285249251134865_o.jpg
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	1288756Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2987.jpeg
Size:	4.06 MB
ID:	1288757Click image for larger version

Name:	63770496538__0DFF6D2D-A5A7-4034-B20E-170713288854.jpeg
Size:	3.51 MB
ID:	1288758
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Hat's off to you for doing that in this weather. I complained about the 85*F temps when I pulled the lopo; but I definitely couldn't do that during the early spring.

Comment

Dibs on that intake!

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

You pulled the bumper to the picker can get in closer to nab the engine?

I decided against it and did the pull and reinstall from the side...I left tranny in place though. If pulling engine and trans at same time that would have never worked for me.

You have a stout looking hoist. Looks like a champ.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X