No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. That looks really good and those wheels are sweet. Nice work.
    All FORD All The Time

Comment

Thanks everyone- i finally finished and installed them. They're OK. Much better than having just the front lip by itself, although I'm not sure it lends itself to the body lines of the car. As you can see, from just the right angle you can see light between the metal piece i made and the plastic bumper filler

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1979.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	3.67 MB
ID:	1290742Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1981.jpeg
Size:	4.11 MB
ID:	1290743Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1982.jpeg
Size:	3.44 MB
ID:	1290744Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1983.jpeg
Size:	5.09 MB
ID:	1290745Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1984.jpeg
Size:	4.39 MB
ID:	1290746
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
        Thanks everyone- i finally finished and installed them. They're OK. Much better than having just the front lip by itself, although I'm not sure it lends itself to the body lines of the car. As you can see, from just the right angle you can see light between the metal piece i made and the plastic bumper filler

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58470[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58471[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58472[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58473[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58474[/ATTACH]
        That all may be so but STILL pretty cool looking and have to appreciate the fab work.
        What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
        What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Looks great
          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
          1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Looks great to me phil. Nice work.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've been doing a lot of metal work to the car since I last posted. Patched the rear quarters, A pillar (one left to go). Replaced the passenger side doors and the drivers door, drivers fender, and soon the hood and trunk lid (if i can find one). All with rust free parts.

I'm getting it ready to be painted this spring. I've been carefully adjusting and aligning panels to fit better than stock.

The last picture of it is just the fender and header mocked up and not aligned at all yet
              Click image for larger version  Name:	321006548_551548646549533_8519153974695938863_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	954.1 KB ID:	1384336Click image for larger version  Name:	321017578_1833936760332562_1777739215007018136_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	877.3 KB ID:	1384337Click image for larger version  Name:	321167433_917106749673431_5865630660850065586_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	1384338
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Did you have to search far and wide for clean fenders and doors?

Comment

SO awesome Phil! Cant wait for more progress. Looking great.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Well the fender I got from a member on here a while ago- the doors were a couple hours away in PA (from a 79 nonetheless!) The hood I have that's going on was in Philly. I think I've found a rust free trunk in Virginia... going to be a heck of a drive!

Thanks Dave! I can't wait to get it painted. It'll be nice to have it completely rust free with shiny paint
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Lots more adjustment, and a hood and trunk lid later I'm almost done and ready for paint. I've also de-rusted and coated the front floor pans with Rust Seal, and de-rusted and coated my bumper cover and new rear bumper core support and installed them. The interior is going to get sound deadening, and then Second Skin Luxury Liner pro, which is a combination of Mass Loaded Vinyl and foam to both absorb sound and block it. Hoping to have a significantly quieter car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3368.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	1386632 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3369.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	2.67 MB
ID:	1386630 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3361.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	1386631
                      Attached Files
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Oh yes it will be a much quieter experience.
                        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

its not obvious how annoying riding around in a noisy car is until you ride in a car that isn't noisy.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            its not obvious how annoying riding around in a noisy car is until you ride in a car that isn't noisy.
                            I've owned cars for a whopping 6-ish years now and I cannot buy a cheap (when new) car because road noise and such drives me nuts. Only quiet cars for me, which also kinda means no small cars.

Also when did those projector headlights pop in there? Not worthy of mentioning?
                            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                            1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

it is often overlooked and I concur completely.
                              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Yeah I don't mind it loud on the outside, but it's always been louder on the inside than most panthers i've been in. I think the fleet model got quite a bit less sound deadener.

I forgot to mention those headlights, they're LED's, and they're fantastic. Highly recommend
                                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X