1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    BTW, I really like the custom radio surround. It's close to the look I want for a project I'm working on. You say the wood is cherry; what stain/varnish did you use?

oh wow, super base model, no rear defrost. Thats the first one of those climate control head units I've ever seen installed in a car. I've seen one in a box of parts before, but thats it.

That dash trim looks interesting too. Most of the plastic facing on the dash on these was a crappy looking fake woodgrain, not interior color. I kinda like the interior color better actually. The real wood is a nice touch as well.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      oh wow, super base model, no rear defrost. Thats the first one of those climate control head units I've ever seen installed in a car. I've seen one in a box of parts before, but thats it.
      My '87 wagon has no rear defrost. I'll have to get you a pic of its original control unit. :p
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

That's it. That's the heater-control that I want.

My rear defrost don't work anyways lol.
        1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
        1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
        1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Beautiful looking car man, Welcome and enjoy your stay.
          Resident diesel addict

Comment

Very clean! You are doing some awesome work on that car and it's top rate man! Hope to continue to see progress! And hope you can make it down to ScottFest 08 as well! Keep on rollin'!

Comment

welcome mang very nice ltd s

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

very nice car man. its nice that you took the responsibility to own that beast. i love the patrol car look!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

to GMN mang, I like that car a lot.
                  88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                  Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Thanks for all the compliments and comments!

There are a couple of guys from Haddonfield in our Autoshop. Do you know a Brian Penacoli? Sorry I can't spell his name. He's a senior and he drives a dark green RX7.
                    My names phil and yeah I know Brian, and you may know Greg Horowitz who also goes to my school, I knew they were doing something with an autoshop but I wasnt sure of the details.

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    Nice pics! I hadn't realized the two-headlight model was available in '82. PM me when you're ready to ditch those valvecovers; I may have a mailing address for you to send them to.
                    Yeah the 4 door LTD-S were made from 79-82. What kind of valve cover work do you do? I feel like ive read a post on this before do you have a link?

BTW, I really like the custom radio surround. It's close to the look I want for a project I'm working on. You say the wood is cherry; what stain/varnish did you use?
                    I simply used several coats of linseed oil, and the wood is superglued to the plastic, sounds sorta jerry rigged but it hold very tight

Yeah since its the police model everything is pretty much manual, the side mirror adjustment windows no defrost etc.
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
                      Very clean! You are doing some awesome work on that car and it's top rate man! Hope to continue to see progress! And hope you can make it down to ScottFest 08 as well! Keep on rollin'!
                      I'd love to try to get to that It's in PA right? August 8th-11th?
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                        I'd love to try to get to that It's in PA right? August 8th-11th?
                        yeah pa north of harrisburg just hop on the pa turnpike heading west. where in md did you pick the car up?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Welcome! It's nice to have another highschooler on board (I'm a Junior). Great lookin' car!
                          1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
                          1974 VW Beetle

Comment

Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                            Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury93 View Post
                              Welcome! It's nice to have another highschooler on board (I'm a Junior). Great lookin' car!
                              West Virginia! How about that! My mom was born in Delbarton, WV. Graduated from high school in Belfry, Kentucky in '59 before her family moved to Gary, IN back when it was a nice place to live.

Member torquelover was also born in West Virginia.

Comment

Yeah the 4 door LTD-S were made from 79-82. What kind of valve cover work do you do? I feel like ive read a post on this before do you have a link?
                                Uh ... I clean and paint them and install them on my own junk? My only related links are pics of my engine. :p

I simply used several coats of linseed oil, and the wood is superglued to the plastic, sounds sorta jerry rigged but it hold very tight
                                Very interesting! It definitely looks good.

Comment

Working...
                                X