PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

View Poll Results: What type of exhaust tips should I get?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Straight out the back like the current POTM has

7 58.33%
  • The look i had before with the tips pointed downward out the back

5 41.67%
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: 1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Quote Originally Posted by P72Ford View Post
    I was never a fan of the 925/175 speedway springs in my 2 door. for the same reason you mentioned; the noise going over bumps! In my opinion, they were waaaaaay too stiff, and honestly... entirely under damped with whatever cheap KYB shocks were on that thing. Good riddance. Paint on the engine looks excellent, too!
    Funny you mention under damped. When I met up with John and we picked up Phil he bounced the car and asked if my shocks were blown. They were KYB gas a justs...basically brand new. I may look into bilstein shocks. I am not swapping springs though. I feel they are fine....though do make a little noise in the rear over bumps...and maybe something coming from the left front when turning right over bumps. lol Other than that everything is great!

Looks nice Phil. Car is LOW!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Told ya everything I know when I said hello P72Ford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Funny you mention under damped. When I met up with John and we picked up Phil he bounced the car and asked if my shocks were blown. They were KYB gas a justs...basically brand new. I may look into bilstein shocks. I am not swapping springs though. I feel they are fine....though do make a little noise in the rear over bumps...and maybe something coming from the left front when turning right over bumps. lol Other than that everything is great!
    Bilsteins are a great product; I have 5100s on my Ram, and even with the lift and 36s the thing rides far better than stock. Plus... 5100s have a lifetime warranty.

But with that being said, quality or not, if they are not rated to damp a 925 in/lb rate spring, then they won't. You want some AFCO 1020s or similar, matched to the high rate spring.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0, 6 spd, 3.73s; 17K miles Cruiser
    **2008 CVPI, Ex MSP Unit #420: 4.6, 3.55TL Flowmaster 10 knock offs, dark tint, JD Blitz Black, DD, CHALKBOARD
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG): 103, Cobra Speedsters, Cosmetics
    **2014 Ram 1500 QCSB Express 4WD Hemi/8spd TF/3L21 Truck Duties; Boesch Built, Cosmetics

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233