Ford Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Grand Marquis

Hi guys and gals, i know its just one crapy pic but mainly the reason for my post is to share this Marquis i found at a local yard, check out the grille

I took the picture at a local self serve yunkyard, wish you could all see the panthers yunked... oh boy!!... ups sorry i'll try to take lots of pics i promise, that day my battery died ,... if its not raining i'll go this sunday.
    Attached Files
    sigpic 1981 LTD one owner
    1992 Thunderbird SC, 1986 Mustang GT, 2003 Focus
    Originally posted by Piece-it pete
    All I know about Mexicans is, they don't need no steekin' badges lol.
    Pete

wow id think that grille is pretty rare. need more pics!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

ill try to see if the car hasn't been crushed yet, actually down here the Marquis was sold under the Ford name not Mercury
      Pete

Comment

oh, dident relize you are in mexico lol, thought it was in the states, my bad lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

lol no problem, tought id share this info to other panther owners that didn't know this little panther fact.
          Pete

Comment

cool I haven't seen that before

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

kinda rare even down there arent they?

wait till regis sees this

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

COOL!

Originally posted by tjltd View Post
                ill try to see if the car hasn't been crushed yet, actually down here the Marquis was sold under the Ford name not Mercury
                If its still there try and grab the grill if anything it would make for a cool wall ornament.

And I was also about to say that that must have been a Mexican one because the Mercury's there were sold under the ford name, do they still do that over there?
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

sorry for the late reply guys, just got home from work,...oh and yes, they still are rare even tough they were sold here, i'll go this sunday and take some stuff,...hope it hasn't got crushed yet.

They're still selling the Marquis under the Ford name, but they're also selling the Crown Vic, but to get one the Ford dealer has to Import it, so its a lot cheaper to just buy a Marquis , down here some Federal Police cruisers are imported Interceptors

On the Frontier States with the U.S. it's more rare to see these tipe of cars (Ford Marquis) because it's cheaper to buy an imported car from the U.S. than to buy a National (Dealer sold) car.

I'll get you guys more pics I promise
                  Pete

Comment

That's awesome! I need some south of the border info for the Box History.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

what is the ford conquisador(think that is spelt right)? from what i can see on the net it looks just like that car in the pic for the 87 model year anyway????

Comment

hello guys i went junkyarding on sunday and unfortunately the panther got crushed , i'm gona have to get more info for the conquistador since down here there where many variations of diferent Ford models, somebody told me that the Ford Conquistador was made in Venezuela but i have never seen one here. I'm gona have to do some research Tiggie along with more pics from the junkyard, unfortunately i left my camera at my GF's house and i don't see her 'till Saturday.

Hope my post doesn't get moved , i'll keep posting pics on this thread to share some forgotten panthers and info.
                        Pete

Comment

hello, a promise is a promise, here are some pics that i took yesterday, not many panthers but the guy at the yard told me that they are gona bring more cars this weekend. its a shame with that 2 door granada, would of make a great project car, the other 2 door vics where to beat up, but still a shame they where junked, not many left.
                          Attached Files
                          Pete

Comment

Oh man, I would totally take those two doors, lol, I wonder if there would be a way for me to strip them down and rebiuld them and get a KIT car VIN number...??? That would be so darn cool! id be able to put what ever engine i want in them...hahhahahahah!...

Sigh if only I was rich
                            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

lol... i go so often the guys at the yard already know me by name lol. To think of it, there was a company that striped VW bugs and exported them to te U.S. as kit cars don't know if they still do that.
                              Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X