Some info I found

http://www.coolcats.net/tech/advance...onversion.html

http://www.jason.fletcher.net/tech/e...b/cfi-carb.htm
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

lol
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

You should try that
        2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Yes, I did.

Works quite well
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

found this info on some kind of truck forum - putting here for later refrence

... It also has the advantage of using the 2bbl Holley bolt pattern, so it will bolt directly to the IH manifold.

Quote:
            Also from what I have found, the inj are 52pph and I haven't found any larger.
            I will have to find my formulas for fuel flow to HP but I think that will limit the ford CFI to about 210HP.
            Might be fine for stock 304 or 345.

Correct again, though the v6 versions used smaller injectors ~38lb in the same TB. I plan to put one of the stock v8 variety on the stock 392 at first to get a baseline for the swap.

However, since they're standard Bosch injectors, you could swap in a set of larger ones, including the MSD or Accel HP ones. The 351's from a Chrysler TurboII setup would get you to about 270hp, and the 98lb ones Holley uses in their TB would get you well over 300.

...The stock '85 5.0 injectors (Bosch 0280150400) are rated about 49lbh @ 38psi. But with MS you can crank up the regulator and get nearly 60lbh @ 60psi. Should be good to about 225HP or so. If you put the bigger ones in that are available (Bosch 0280150403) you can raise that to about 70lph and ~250HP. The stock 3.8 injectors (Bosch 0280150402) will run to about 45lph and ~175Hp @ 60psi. AFAICT, these are the ONLY 3 injectors that will work in the Ford throttle body, contrary to my prior posts here. They use a smaller inlet fitting/oring than the standard universal injectors that are available.
            Last edited by 85crownHPP; 08-29-2006, 02:35 PM.
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

more:
              I think I need to go look at my "mustang" CFI unit again

More on the CFI:
              "I got out two Ford two barrel CFI units, one a standard 5.0 unit out of an 83 Ford bronco, and the other, a larger PI 5.0 unit out of an 85 LTD police special.

They both have the same size throttle blades 1 17/32" , but the standard CFI has a "Venturi" in the area of the injector, that necks down and restricts the flow, where the PI unit has a smooth bore with no "venturi".

The standard TB has EOSE-A1A 483cc injectors, and the PI TB has E4ZE-CA 546cc injectors.
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

hmm cfi performance is a good possibility

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

around here 5.0 efi is cheep and plentyfull tons of them at the u-pull
                  YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Id have to change a lot of stuff for SEFI... I need to get used to 2 injectors before I move on to 8

And I took another look at my "mustang" CFI unit... the throttle bores are the same as my spare CFI and Nates old one.
                    Soo.... Im thinking I got Duped on my purchase of "mustang" parts, unless the police LTD's got thi magic CFI and mustangs didnt

Im going to see about having one of these machined strait open anyway With this Im going to use my current injectors (3 years old) and nates 1 year old adjustable FPR from his old CFI. I want to find one of those CFI deflector plates real bad now
                    sigpic

Comment

Would be cool to find the higher flow injectors go go with the bored out CFI unit but you could probably just bump the pressure up a few psi to compensate for the additional airflow.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Pete, from what I've read, it seems the 'Stangs got duped like we did. And some of the police LTDs too. It was mainly the LTD LXs with the 5.0 that got the deflector plate. Why I dunno.
                        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                          more:
                          I think I need to go look at my "mustang" CFI unit again

The standard TB has EOSE-A1A 483cc injectors, and the PI TB has E4ZE-CA 546cc injectors.
                          Is that id easily read, or do the injectors need pulled to read it?
                          2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Working...
                          X