Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet you get a boner over the venturi carb.
    Actually every carb is a venturi carb. Venturi is the air passage, 4 barrel = 4 venturi. What you meen, I think, is the Variable Venturi carb. I think there cool. I had one on my parts car and it made great power, and it worked great even after sitting around for over a year without me ever running it.

Comment

Oh, I meant variable venturi. It was a 82 lincoln cuntinental. I miss it, but my dad was always working on my carb, It would never kick down. Which was kind of cool, but sometimes it wouldn't want to start & with the choke was closed.

Marquisman knows what I'm talking about.

Comment

UPDATE!!

I plugged in the HO computer to see what it did. well, it started and ran, but i had to keep my foot on the gas to keep it running. And the whole time, the air fuel meter read WAY LEAN the whole time, even when I revved the engine. I aslo tried putting it in gear and gasing it a little , same thing. I could barely to move off of the lean side.

I didnt drive it becuase I didnt want to risk and damage... its not good to run lean. This behaviour supports my theory that the computer is seeing way too much vacuum, and thinks it is always closed-throttle cruising (when the vacuum is higher than at idle, and when the computer leans out the fuel mix). This is becuase the HO cam produces less vacuum than ours...

So it look like I need a cam! or some way to fool the map sensor. hmmmm
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

wonder if u could convert the cfi to mass air?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That would be interesting. Doubt there exists an ECM for that tho.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You should get a 4 bbl intake and get the 2bbl adapter.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                That would be interesting. Doubt there exists an ECM for that tho.
                STANDALONE!!

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06 (you will be missed)

Comment

update?

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06 (you will be missed)

Comment

no update.
                    This project is on hold untill I have the resources and money to do a cam swap (this includes another vehicle in case it goes horribly wrong). Im not about to experement on my daily driver.
                    This is just a sticky incase any visitors or new members have info to add
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

So, any progress? What is the HP/Torque difference of a stock CFI vs a HO CFI?
                      2000 Grand Marquis LS
                      2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                      1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                      Mercury Owners Group member
                      Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

i like the 4bbl intake w/2bbl adapter idea, im leanin more towards a carb swap soon, tryin to ebay parts but its hard to find good shit cheap....
                        jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

Don't waste your time with a 2bbl.

You will NOT be happy.
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

:bump:
                            Originally posted by 85MercPark
                            What is the HP/Torque difference of a stock CFI vs a HO CFI?
                            2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Standard CFI
                              130BHP@????
                              ???ft/lb@????

HO CFI-
                              165 BHP@3800rpm
                              254 ft/lbs@2000rpm
                              Nick
                              88 Colony Park LS
                              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Not too bad of a jump, but not worth the money I would guess
                                2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Working...
                                X