1987cp's new '81 LTD 2-door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987cp's new '81 LTD 2-door

Since tonight I took possession of the title of my new '81 "tudor", this seemed like an appropriate time to create a new Reader's Rides thread. I won't actually be taking possession of the car itself until I get everything I need off of my old '79 Country Squire, after which the seller intends to deliver the car and take possession of the '79 for a parts donor. Incidentally, said seller, who lives maybe 15 miles north of Lansing, MI, is a Panther enthusiast as well and has just joined CVN under userid "scottyschafer". So watch for him on there if you're a member of both sites.

Pics I have so far; the last one is a very poor view of the carb pad on the 255ci intake. You'll get plenty of better pictures when this engine comes out and gets dismantled.

Attached Files
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Very cool, that thing should be pretty sweet when its done, to bad about the door panel being ripped up

Comment

True, but that damage is my only real complaint about the interior, other than the fact that things like the bench seat and nontilt column will take some getting used to for as long as they stay.

Comment

are you keeping the slotted bumper off your waggin?

Comment

yes, at least for now.

Comment

Very cool. Nice find at a great price.

Comment

add power goodies! base model panthers are the crap

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                add power goodies! base model panthers are the crap
                First things first, gonna lose the 255 and probably the early AOD (aren't they supposed to be weaker than the '87-up?). After that, I am thinking probably power seats to start, and maybe recycle my power antenna if I feel ambitious. Other than that, I'm not sure ... the manual windows look like they might be doable on a 2-door. Did I mention it supposedly weighs only about 3460 pounds?

Comment

early AOD had the C servo. Think the B servo came about in 86 or 88, not sure. One of those re-design years.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What was the main difference?

Comment

"B" servo is larger so with same pressure provides more clamping force for less OD slip - there's also the "A" servo and an "A+" servo too, both aftermarket units IIRC

Comment

What's to be done with the old 255? I'd make a sweet dune buggy/go-cart motor with a little work.
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                          What's to be done with the old 255? I'd make a sweet dune buggy/go-cart motor with a little work.
                          You need it? Shipping to Kansas might be pricey .....

Comment

Congratulations Michael. Make this one as cool as the CP (and the CS, but thats gone now, right?).
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

NO power goodies!!!

Power windows are a nightmare waiting to happen, and totally unnecessary in a two-door car. Power seats, maybe. Power locks, also a waste of time in a two-door car. Just throw in the power plant, get a better door panel, and drive that sucker. From the pics, it looks relatively presentable. May look dang good, can't tell. I'm so looking forward to your progress on this car Mike, congrats!!!
                              Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                              Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X