No announcement yet.

1987cp's new '81 LTD 2-door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom, im still planning on grabbing you the crank window mechinisims the next time i go to that yard, i was going to go this weekend but quit my job so i will need to save the money i have for now till i get a new job

Comment

All-right!!!

It's here! Repeat, it's here!!! The "tudor" is in my driveway, and legally plated, and has the 16" cop wheels on it, and has been around the block. I like it! Crank windows will take some getting used to, of course, but that's expected.

Initial driving impressions are just as scottyshafer said. Takes a while to warm up, then runs OK. Plenty of power in a painfully-slow sort of way, shifts decent, brakes feel great. Hard to test out handling on ice-covered roads, though. Incidentally, this was also my first time driving the Eagle RS-A's in inclement weather, and I'm quite impressed.

Anyway, I'm kind of cold and tired and excited and probably not too coherent, but here are some pictures I snapped in the dark before coming inside to warm up.
      Attached Files
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

That looks niiiiiiice! I do have to request some daytime pictures ASAP, however.

Is it just me, or does the '87 look a bit forlorn and jealous in the last two photos? Better give her some love, mang.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
          That looks niiiiiiice! I do have to request some daytime pictures ASAP, however.
          Will do! Possibly first thing tomorrow morning.

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
          Is it just me, or does the '87 look a bit forlorn and jealous in the last two photos? Better give her some love, mang.
          Heh - I think it's mostly just that it has a good deal more in the way of cosmetic roughness than the new arrival. That'll be remedied in due time.

Comment

Noice...........real noice!!! Love those taillights; that is going to be one of the swaps I do on the '86 CV. I don't know what ya got planned for that car, but if it is anything like your CP, then that'll be a real monster. And Nate's right, the CP is definitely jealous; it's kinda looking the other way. They'll get along...............eventually.

Packman

Comment

The POS's evil brother has landed! Looks awesomely sinister. It's going to be fun cruising the SQ, POS, and your new tudor this summer in Chi-town. Do you have a name for the car yet?

Comment

sweet, cant wait to see better pics

Comment

Originally posted by Dave84 View Post
                  sweet, cant wait to see better pics
                  x1 did you swap the plate from the wagon on there?
                  also did you take any pics of the 79 off into the sunset with tears coming from you eyes lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

my 81 has the base interior and it shines up way nicer than a cloth one.... i dont ming the vinyl either

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                      The POS's evil brother has landed! Looks awesomely sinister. It's going to be fun cruising the SQ, POS, and your new tudor this summer in Chi-town. Do you have a name for the car yet?
                      That sounds like fun! I'll definitely have to think of something funny to call the thing. I should come up with a decent one for the CP as well. Die Wunterwagen is fun, but it seemed to apply so much better to that rusty heap I just got rid of than to something that's actually aspiring to be respectable.

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                      x1 did you swap the plate from the wagon on there?
                      also did you take any pics of the 79 off into the sunset with tears coming from you eyes lol
                      Yep, and sort of yep. Had a funny experience at the Secretary of State office (Michigan's substitute for a BMV or DMV); I couldn't find the registration slip for the Squire and forgot to bring the plate with me, so I pulled out my registration for the CP and said I wanted to transfer the plate one number lower than that (conveniently, my plates are sequential). After paying and just before leaving, "Uh... this is the wrong registration number. If I transfer this one, I can't legally drive home!" I guess she hadn't changed the number like I asked after scanning in the Mercury's registration with their scanner thing.

Last Squire pics will probably show up in the Squire's RR thread and be linked from the "My poor LTD wagon" thread. Too bad we finished swapping the wheels after dark, but it's all good.

Originally posted by panther7t9 View Post
                      my 81 has the base interior and it shines up way nicer than a cloth one.... i dont ming the vinyl either
                      I like the vinyl from the Squire pretty well, which is why I kept it. Got the whole interior, actually, thinking maybe I'll swap it into the CP. I'm actually toying with the idea of putting my buckets in the LTD since they're actually for a two-door car anyway .......

------------------

And now, for pictures! I didn't feel like spending the oodles of time to upload them elsewhere, so I stuck them on Picasaweb. Linky: http://picasaweb.google.com/mcwest20...FirstGoodShots

Comment

looks like you should have fun wither her! nice solid looking car

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Thanks!

Say, you and other mangs with vinyl on the roof .... I've never dealt with a vinyl top before, so I don't really know how to keep it nice and uncracked. Do you just use something like this Meguiars or Black Magic vinyl protectant I've got in the garage?

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            I'm actually toying with the idea of putting my buckets in the LTD since they're actually for a two-door car anyway .......
                            It would be nice to have some swing-up armrests added onto those seats. I thought about it with my own buckets, but would it look too conversion van-ish?

On the vinyl top, I would think something with UV protectant in it that still allows the vinyl to breath would be good. What that is, I don't know. Is the car getting a garage spot?

Comment

I just checked out your Picasa web album. I am not too familiar with other box Panthers, but I would say it has a variety of unique attributes. The coolant/washer fluid box is especially odd. Do you have a head unit for the car yet?

Comment

i use muguiers vinyl cleaner and restorer for cleaning then their vinyl protectant, some guys talk about eagle one nano vinyl cleaner and protectant.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X