No announcement yet.

17" Mopar steelies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does it say those 18s won't fit the SRT8?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Thanks for the picture Pete, Not bad, I'll have to remember that.
      Resident diesel addict

Comment

I need some new tires and a spare and the 18x7.5 Dodge charger police wheels are REALLY cheap new so I'm thinking about scoring my vic some of those wheels but I'd also like to use the center caps but that involves useing lugs with the metric mopar thread...

How would I go about swapping out the lugs for the mopar thread? I dunno what size the mopar stuff is and if there press in or what.

Any Mopar fans in here that can help with my quest? I want to find all the information possible before I start rounding up parts.
        I'm always out lookin for the best deal

Oh and those worried about my spending, I can sell my 16" wheels to my cousin he wants them for the 89 and that would recover most of the cost for the new wheels
        Last edited by interceptor1985; 07-29-2008, 08:14 PM.
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

What's the thread pitch? If it's smaller than 1/2-20, it may be possible to just tap the Mopar lugnuts out to the Ford thread pitch. Alternatively, 5/8-18 lug studs are readily available .......
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I saw a set of those for 400 on Ebay; just the wheels. Not exactly cheap, but I like the way they look...alot. I think they may look goofy on a box though; probably have to lower it a little.

-Police Chrome Center Cap P/N 4895432aa $30.81 ea.

-Police Lug Nut P/N 4895430ab $1.69 ea.

-Police Steel Wheel P/N 4895425ac $74.53 ea.

-Police Tire Pressure Sensors with Nuts P/N 68001696aa $31.98 ea.

Package price $538.24 plus shipping.

There is a set for 575 on Ebay, without tires. I would try and find a set of used wheels; I would like to have a set of those wheels though. I'd trade my Ansen's straight up.
            Last edited by P72Ford; 07-29-2008, 08:59 PM.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I am starting out with very little knowledge of the Mopar my gramma had a 68 Dodge Dart GTS and my mom had an old Fury thats about as Mopar as it gets for me....I can say I know nuttin. I did join a Charger Forum just to get some info on it though..... I already asked about the wheels and where to get em new for cheap......there a big help in that department...lol

Buying these one at a time or even two at a time wont be a big shock on antibody's paychecks

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/magn...4895425ac.html
              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter View Post
                I am starting out with very little knowledge of the Mopar my gramma had a 68 Dodge Dart GTS and my mom had an old Fury thats about as Mopar as it gets for me....I can say I know nuttin. I did join a Charger Forum just to get some info on it though..... I already asked about the wheels and where to get em new for cheap......there a big help in that department...lol

Buying these one at a time or even two at a time wont be a big shock on antibody's paychecks

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/magn...4895425ac.html
                I just came across this guy Jeff Hunter at Mopar Super Center (site above); sounds like the guy...
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Thread resurrection- Does anyone still have these wheels, if so could you do me a favor and measure the outside width of the inner ring right outside the lugnuts? looking to get these and make custom tabs to mount my baby moons onto.
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Phil, ask Julie on FB. Her tudor has those steelies on it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It appears she has a different style than the ones I’m looking at/on this thread- she has the more common spoke style ones
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Well, I have these wheels installed now...I machined the lug holes to the proper bolt patter, and put on nubs for my caps. I thought based on pictures that they would be more tucked in...but it's not bad at all. Still might throw some 1" spacers on, just for looks. we shall see.

235/55 on front 255/50 on rearClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1628-1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	233.8 KB
ID:	1290588Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1633-1.jpg
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	1290589Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1631-1.jpg
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	1290590Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1629-1.jpg
Size:	218.5 KB
ID:	1290591
                        -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X