No announcement yet.

17" Mopar steelies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! I'm liking those wheels on the LTD LX! Anyone know the exact backspacing on those? I ought to measure my '98 police wheels, but I imagine they're around 4".

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
    Those wheels would look great on a black Mark VII LSC
    I was gonna comment about the bolt pattern and then noticed you said VII and not VIII. Don't the newer Marks have a funny Lincoln-specific bolt pattern, or is that urban legend?
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I didn't even think about the Fox body using a FWD offset. Sorry!
      Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
      Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
        I didn't even think about the Fox body using a FWD offset. Sorry!
        hehe ... I'm pretty sure newer Mustang wheels have something like 5 or more inches of backspacing. I want to say 17x9 (or is it 9.5?) Cobra wheels actually have something like 6" or 6.5".

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
          I was gonna comment about the bolt pattern and then noticed you said VII and not VIII. Don't the newer Marks have a funny Lincoln-specific bolt pattern, or is that urban legend?
          The Mark VIII uses a smaller bolt pattern, from the FWD Taurus/Sable/Continental. The Mark VII uses the larger bolt pattern from a 5-lug Mustang or Panther. The backspacing does differ between applications. A popular upgrade on the Mark VIII is to go with Mustang Cobra brakes/hubs/wheels.

Were you thinking 17" steels on my Mark?

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
            Were you thinking 17" steels on my Mark?
            Not necessarily, but if you were for some reason to convert to 5 on 4.5" it'd be worth considering. Then it could look like a Vic dipped in acid!

Comment

:drug:

Comment

'smatter, don't like the idea of a Vic turning into a Mark by sort of melting and rounding off at the corners like a big block of wax?

Comment

Fox cars and Panther cars use a different offset anyway. Panther wheels on a Fox will stick out a bit past the fender. Its about 1 1/4" difference. Looks like the Dodge steels sit on the Fox LTD about how Panther wheels would.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well, they are on the 85 now with the sizes mentioned.... so far so good. I'm on limited internet for a while so pics will be hard to get up... offset is definitely the same.
                    Handling is much improved...
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

'89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Should be lookin pretty sweet. Post pics of the new stance when you can.
                        -Matt
                        1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

YES< I gotta see them. Sounds like something for my car!
                          "Nightmare"

Comment

How wide are those wheels? I'm not a big fan of the way they look, to be honest, but I'll have to wait until I actually see them on the car to pass judgment, I guess. Might look better if you can find some 17" trim rings and center caps.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Yeah, i'd like to see pics of all the Panthers here that have non stock steelies.
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I want (18"x 9 rear) and (17"x 8 front) steelies with cop center caps if they make em
                                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
                                X