No announcement yet.

17" Mopar steelies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah the stock size is way too practical - lol... 215/65/17... you can get decent prices on 235/60 but the prices shoot up after that. Width should be fine, just look at the recommended rim width for the size you are looking up.

and I didnt get any more pics this weekend, I had some bug and stayed in all weekend... soon though. I want to get these pics to see what you guys think, make sure the offsett is indeed ok, and drive on them a while before I give my approval on these... I sure hope they are right becuase this means the OE bling 300M and charger wheels will work too....
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

If they are indeed off of the RWD 300, then it's the 300/300C, not the 300M. The 300M was the FWD turd from several years ago.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

d'oh - yes the rwd one... I guess. I didnt see the car, just the wheels waiting to be scrapped. I dunno why i keep calling it "M"... it would be plainly obvious if they were the fwd ones though right???
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I tracked a 300M versus a Lincoln LS when they came out. Not as bad as I was expecting.

I wonder what some Charger hubcaps would like like on a box?

Comment

Well going out on a limb and ordering a set for myself as well, also ordering a set of 235/55/17 Goodyear eagle RS-A's. Now just to find a set of the newer PI Center caps and lugs
            Resident diesel addict

Comment

good pics, as promised:

clearance with the wheel cut... there's just enough it looks like.

sigpic

Comment

That looks pretty damn good, Thank you for those pics
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Hey, everybody, look! It's Pete's rear! :p

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                  1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Hows the clearance between the edge of the upper control arm and the sidewall of the tire? Usually thats where its going to rub first. Also particularly a bad spot to rub, it'll slice right through the sidewall and could cause the tire to fail in a fabulous way.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

There is a really great tool to roll fender edges, Its $250 though....And I think another $50-100 for the attachment to for tall trucks. You get a WAY better finish with it though ....Sure beats using the bat to roll with.
                      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        Hows the clearance between the edge of the upper control arm and the sidewall of the tire? Usually thats where its going to rub first. Also particularly a bad spot to rub, it'll slice right through the sidewall and could cause the tire to fail in a fabulous way.
                        Isn't that the truth. I've got slight lacerations on my nearly-new 275/60/15 Yokohamas to prove it. I will have to remember to do something better with the fender lips before reinstalling those wheels for the summer.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter View Post
                          There is a really great tool to roll fender edges, Its $250 though....And I think another $50-100 for the attachment to for tall trucks. You get a WAY better finish with it though ....Sure beats using the bat to roll with.
                          The Tire Rack has one, they rolled my friend's M3 rear fenders to an almost knife edge. I couldn't watch, for fear of seeing cracking paint on a new car.

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                            The Tire Rack has one, they rolled my friend's M3 rear fenders to an almost knife edge. I couldn't watch, for fear of seeing cracking paint on a new car.
                            Hmmmm.... well, I'm not nearly so worried about my paint. :p Don't suppose you know how much they charged for the service?

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                              Hmmmm.... well, I'm not nearly so worried about my paint. :p Don't suppose you know how much they charged for the service?
                              My body man contact is the guy that had it done. The M3's been replaced long ago by something Italian, so the pricing might not be up to date. I have an inside guy at the 'Rack, I could give him a ring for you if you're serious.

Comment

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

Comment

Working...
                                X