• Show
Clear All

Thanks guys
    -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
    My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
    Modifications
    Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

That looks... well, it looks factory. If I remember right, I was reading about this on CVN a while ago? But, the pictures I saw then (on CVN) didn't show the latest modifications. The cluster didn't seem to fit as well in those pics. In these pics it looks really nice. Awesome job.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Yea, when I first got the cluster in I had no custom bezel or anything so I had to use some filler on the sides with the stock bezel. I used some foam rubber seals with electrical tape as a temporary fill but I had no intention of leaving it that way.
        I was also still playing around a lot with the mounting, which was a total PITA. I had a lot of trouble getting it right, and still had the gaps in the corners of course.
        On my third attempt for the custom bezel it came out semi-decent, so I installed it for the time being. It had two peaks in it that threw off the curve, and the vent surrounds weren't right. But the overall finish of the modified sections was better than this last one. This one has the correct curve and the vent surrounds were left factory finish, though.

All in all, there was a lot of work and hours put into this project which spanned a couple months as I had time after work. If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't. The mounting and trim was a total pain in the ass. The end result looks pretty cool now (IMO) but it was so much effort to get it like that. I would just install a Marauder cluster, which would've been WAAAAY easier, less expensive, and most think it looks great as-is. I just am not a big fan of the look of it, though.
        Besides, someone else has done that, NO ONE except for Roush has done this in a panther. And (IMO) the way I have mine mounted looks way better than Roush's did!

Here was the Roush install for the Bondurant CobraVics:
        http://www.geocities.com/gdmjoe/bondurantvicdash1.jpg
        (image hosted courtesy of gdmJoe)

They had the cluster mounted almost flush with the fornt of the bezel. You could also see the steering column through the gaps on the sides. I did not like the look of that at all, so my goal was to have my Mustang cluster mounted recessed like the factory cluster is with the bezel forming right to it.
        Last edited by drock96marquis; 02-26-2008, 01:30 AM.
        -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
        My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
        Modifications
        Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Ditto, Thats the reason why I want the mustang one, The cluster itself isn't that expensive, since EVERYBODY has one But its the other stuff to make it work is spendy like that tack driver $75 bucks! wow.
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
          X