1988 CV Fuse Panel Diagram.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 CV Fuse Panel Diagram.

Alright well I don't have my owners manual in this car, it's an Ex- Police car and the electrical system has been molested. now I open the fuse panel by the steering column and find all of maybe 6 fuses in it. that probably explains why my interior lights don't work and a few other features seem to not work, could someone be kind enough to scan or get me the diagram and the list of what spot controls what? Along with what size fuse goes there? It would be much apprieciated.
    Resident diesel addict

Originally posted by FastGallopingPonies View Post
    Alright well I don't have my owners manual in this car, it's an Ex- Police car and the electrical system has been molested. now I open the fuse panel by the steering column and find all of maybe 6 fuses in it. that probably explains why my interior lights don't work and a few other features seem to not work, could someone be kind enough to scan or get me the diagram and the list of what spot controls what? Along with what size fuse goes there? It would be much appreciated.
    Damn, I wish I was at home right now, I would be able to tell you what each one is for and which size fuse it is. I'm sure there are other people who have the diagram and they'll be able to help you.

Comment

This is for Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis Only!! Unused spots here could be used for something the Town Car has

The #'s are the corresponding fuse spaces. The fuse panel should have numbers and arrows that shows you which space it is.

1 Stop/ Hazzard Lights. 15amp

2 Wiper/Washer; Interval Wiper/Washer. Circuit Breaker

3 (I don't have a #3).

4 Exterior Lamps; Instrument Illumination; Trailer Towing Relays; AutoLamp. 15amp

5 Turn Lamps; Backup Lamps; Trailer Circuits; Corner; Lamp Relays; Load Leveling 15amp

6 Cornering Lamps; Speed Control; A/C Clutch; Heated Backlight Control; Trunk Release; Police Circuits; Illuminated Entry; Power Window Relay (4 Door); Digital Clock; Tripminder; (It says Cornering Lamps again ). 20amp

7 Not Used.

8 Courtesy Lamps; Illuminated Entry; Tripminder; Clock; Electronic Radio, Autolamp. 15amp

9 A/C Blower; Heater; ATC 30amp

10 Passing Beam. 20amp

11 Radio; Power Antenna; Premium Sound. 15amp

12 Rear Lighters; Tailgate Window Key Switch. [Door Locks; Power Seats; Tailgate Window Switch; Rear Lighters.] 25amp or [30amp Circuit breaker]

13 Instrument Illumination. 5amp

14 Tailgate Window Instrument Panel Switch. Power Windows (2 Door). 25amp or 20amp Circuit Breaker

15 Not Used

16 Cigar Lighter. 20amp

17 Horn; Fuel Filler Door Release. 20amp

18 Warning Indicators; Seatbelt Warning; Automatic Lamps/Delayed Exit (Autolamp); Carburetor Circuits; Low Fuel Module; Dual Time Buzzer; Electronic Chimes. 10amp

That's all, I hope I helped you.

Comment

If the interior lights don't come on when you open the doors, it's probably because it's a "dark car". That's the way mine is. If you look in the door jambs where the switches are supposed to be that turn the lights on, you'll probably find they aren't there.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Mine is a "dark car", and it does have the switches on the doors. My old '88 didn't have those switches though.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

probably the switches aren't plugged in or something.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hey, if your clock works, it's not the fuse.

Comment

Go to Ford Customer service and give them your VIN number and thay should have the info you need and good luck FastGallopingPonies.

Comment

Thanks f86vickylx, it the instruments that don't light up at night. I haven't really had a chance to do any diagnosing.
                  Resident diesel addict

Comment

Working...
                  X