Who knows anything about window tint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mbanjura View Post
    Suntek is the best brand to get for the lowest cost. DO NOT get any tint made of plastic!!! it WILL turn purple & bubble up.

Hope this helps at least a little.
    Good luck
    My friend recommended one guy this afternoon and I'm going to see him next week. I'll ask him about Suntek and his prices on wagons too for GS.

Comment

The reason tint turns purple is because of chemicals use to clean windows. Not suppose to use it on tint, just plain windows.
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

The cheap stuff that turns purple is a Dyed Film.
        The good stuff is a metal sputtered coating. The more metal, the darker the tint. And since it is metal, it doesn't turn purple. Llumar is what the top shops use around here.
        1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
        1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
        1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Thank you all for the info.
          It always helps to know a little something about a product before you go pricing it.

GS
          Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
          AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
          Open/Lock/Ratio #
          -----------------------
          G / H / 2.26
          B / C / 2.47
          8 / M / 2.73
          7 / - / 3.07
          Y / Z / 3.08
          4 / D / 3.42
          F / R / 3.45
          5 / E / 3.27
          6 / W / 3.73
          2 / K / 3.55
          A / - / 3.63
          J / - / 3.85

Comment

i dont want illegal limo tint but i hate the clear look....looks like mom and dad driving down the street

Comment

I want it to keep my interior from fading, reduce heat in the summer, and face it, it does look cool. Definitely no illegal tint for me, I drive my car at night and I need to be able to see when I'm backing up.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My car is smaller than a lot of yall's since yall run the boxes, but I had a shop down here wanted to charge me $300 to do my windows.
                sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
                [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
                [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
                [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  I want it to keep my interior from fading, reduce heat in the summer, and face it, it does look cool. Definitely no illegal tint for me, I drive my car at night and I need to be able to see when I'm backing up.
                  i back up using my side-views but when it sits in a parking lot all day those leather seats get kinda toasty without tint

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    when backing up I won't have that problem even if my windows are tinted lol. Check out my backup lights.
                    http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/S5000164.jpg

Comment

I experimented with mine last summer to get an idea of what the tint levels would look like, and grabbed some film from wally world. I did the back doors at 35%, the cargo sides at 20%, and the tailgate window with limo tint. The 35% was not dark enough, the limo tint I could not see out of at night, and the 20% was perfect. It had a decent dark look from the outside, and you could still see out of it at night from the inside. So, when I get around to doing mine, it'll be 35% for the front doors per my state law, and 20% for the rest. KY is 35% for the front doors, and 18% for the rest. NJ people kinda get shafted. No tint for the front doors, but anything goes for the back glass. And IN folk are limited to 30% all the way around, but I've usually seen darker in that state.
                      1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                      1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                      1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Yes we do them dark here but the police never actually bug us on them. I had a friend who spray painted the rear windows black b/c he built a wall for subs in his Sc2 and the police never bugged him.

Comment

I talked to a guy who bought a Town Car Executive L that was used as a fleet car in NYC. It has illegal tint all around. He told me cops never bother him cuz they think he's driving a limo.

Comment

The cops pay a lot of attention to babyblue, they always come up and ask me about her and we sit there comparing the cars. But if babyblue don't sell before I fix the damage I'm tinting mine to 20% on the sides and 35% on the back. And I HATE my leather seats in the summer.

Comment

mine has lighter leather, but i always hated dark leather, gets so frickin hot

Comment

I want to get fabric seats so badly, but my girl loves the leather. I'm all about making my girl happy so the dark blue interior stays. But it's getting tint and a paint job. But the leather seats, I have wearing shirts but I can't drive without a shirt b/c of the leather.

Comment

Working...
                                X