Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who needs new carpet or rubber flooring?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who needs new carpet or rubber flooring?

I recently finagled an account with www.accmats.com and can get the stuff quite a bit cheaper than it's listed on their website.

I'll be happy to sell it at cost + shipping to any GMN member who wants it.

Bear in mind I am a busy guy so it might take me a few days to get it shipped from me to you. (they won't do direct shipping if I order it).

So what is my discount?

I got an order that was 225$ with shipping before the discount down to 130$ after shipping with the discount.

They have some pretty nice carpet, and you can order the police style vinyl flooring for he same price. For a little bit extra you can pick a color.

BTW, thanks Tom for turning me on to these folks.

GS
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

Interesting...

Comment

stickied, thought everyone should know we have a carpet dealer on the board

Comment

Originally posted by LumpyCheeseman View Post
        everyone should know we have a carpet dealer on the board
        +1, especially if it means getting stuff that actually fits (you saw mine ...) at a price people can afford!
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Holy crap... if I had the money I'd buy me some rubber flooring for the Deuce.
          1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
          1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
          1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Originally posted by murphmobile2 View Post
            Holy crap... if I had the money I'd buy me some rubber flooring for the Deuce.
            I thought rubber flooring was great until I had a carpeted car. The carpet makes the car quieter inside, and generally more comfortable. The rubber is great for vacuuming, and clean up, but once it starts to get dirty, its a PITA to get the dirt out of the ridges.

I thought about buying a carpet from ACC last year, but I was afraid it wouldn't fit the best; they have a great reputation from what I have read though.

GS, how well do their carpets and rubber flooring fit? As good as the factory stuff? How about the quality as compared with OEM stuff?
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

How did I miss this one coming out of cold storage?

At any rate, the rubber floor fits pretty well. If I had it to do over though I think I would get a different underlay. The reasoning is, that the stuff that comes with the rubber is a real pain when you try bolting the seats back in.

If you try running a drill through it from underneath, it will invariably wrap around the bit and begin to melt. The vinyl was pretty decent.
              I had to trim a bit around the door sills and under the dash, but it wasn't bad.
              It's pretty stiff stuff so a heat gun, an extra pair of hands, and 95* weather would make it a lot easier.
              Mine turned out pretty nice, except for one wrinkle in the drivers floor that rears it's ugly head every once in a while. Normally I wouldn't care, but it interferes with the gas pedal a bit when it pops up. I have been toying with the idea of poking a tiny hole in the vinyl, and squirting the padding underneath with glue, then setting something heavy over the area until it dries.

I haven't tried one of their rugs yet, but I have heard good things about them.

Last but not least, I haven't ordered anything from them for a while now, so I don't know if I can get the cheaper pricing anymore, but if someone is interested I'll be happy to check.

GS

Axle codes
              Open/Lock/Ratio #
              -----------------------
              G / H / 2.26
              B / C / 2.47
              8 / M / 2.73
              7 / - / 3.07
              Y / Z / 3.08
              4 / D / 3.42
              F / R / 3.45
              5 / E / 3.27
              6 / W / 3.73
              2 / K / 3.55
              A / - / 3.63
              J / - / 3.85

Comment

definately check for us!

if the only thing you can get for cheap deal is group buy.... i'm pretty sure there would be enough takers

Comment

what do you want me to check for?

Carpet? If so what kind/color?
                  (you can get the vinyl in different colors too, but its extra.)

Axle codes
                  Open/Lock/Ratio #
                  -----------------------
                  G / H / 2.26
                  B / C / 2.47
                  8 / M / 2.73
                  7 / - / 3.07
                  Y / Z / 3.08
                  4 / D / 3.42
                  F / R / 3.45
                  5 / E / 3.27
                  6 / W / 3.73
                  2 / K / 3.55
                  A / - / 3.63
                  J / - / 3.85

Comment

i'd say prolly just make sure you can still get your deals, that alone will be enough for those that need stuff to come out of the woodwork

Comment

I'm interested in the best-quality carpet I can dig up for my 1992 T-bird, black with whatever options....let me know what you find...

Comment

How much would tan carpet be for an 03 Crown Vic>
                        LPP71 from CVN

Comment

Some tips on the vinyl carpet...

1. lay it out in the sun to get it warmed up before you try putting it in
                          2. let it settle a few days before you trim the eccess off...
                          3. To clean it when it gets really dirty... Some simple green or purple power sprayed on the floor, then take a scrub brush and scrub the hell out of it... then wash it down with fresh water, and then mop it up until the water is clear... let it dry, then put a small amount of 2001 protectorant... (Like armor all) Then wipe it down.. it will look like new again.
                          4. get some of the floor insulation like I used on my 84... silver coating on one side for the heat, and then a foam pad on the other side for the sound... it is thinner, and conforms to the floor better... You can get it at upholstery shops...

Tom!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                          Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

How about the kind of carpet that is used in boats? It has a rubber backing and a fabric type face. Liquids do not penetrate and just bead up. Best to not let little ones have food and drink in their rooms. It does attract unwanted critters (ants, roaches, mice).
                            ________
                            Suprise Dentists

Comment

Originally posted by ceejay2005 View Post
                              How about the kind of carpet that is used in boats? It has a rubber backing and a fabric type face. Liquids do not penetrate and just bead up. Best to not let little ones have food and drink in their rooms. It does attract unwanted critters (ants, roaches, mice).
                              yeah, i deal with that stuff on a daily basis. the stuff with the black rubber backing smells like urine from the ammonia used to make the rubber. the stuff with the stiff grey backing is about twice the price of the rubber backed stuff, and is much more difficult to cut and work with. and since it is a berber and not a cut pile like a car carpet it is a poor choice for a car because every edge it bends over will make the pile seperate and ou can see the backing of the carpet
                              http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                              http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Working...
                              X