Pick'n Pull (Hammond Indiana)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pick'n Pull (Hammond Indiana)

It has been a long time since I have been to my local yard. Apperently A LOT of Fords / Mercs / Bad ass cars Have been scrapped since I was last there.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

More cars. The writing says " To punish and enslave" It's on a former squad car.

The pic of the burned car engine is lookig through the hole in the hood.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

And one more from today. I'll go back & get some more next week
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

i'm from Chicago and i'm dead scared of hammond.

BTW that pick n pull (thats right off of Indy blvd) sucks monkey balls. they overchage you for stupid shit. i honestly hate that JY as i have nothing but complaints about it.

141st and dixie blvd (western ave) u-pull-it is tha jaegerbomb!
        LTD is still here

Comment

Thats exactly why I NEVER buy from them I just walk arround taking pics & looking at the cars. They very rarely have anything I want so $1 is fine by me.

Hammond ain't bad I've lived there for most of my life. & actualy I still work in Hammond. If you continue down the Boulavard you'll see an Oil Express on your Left. If you see my brown merc sittin on the side of the building. Stop buy & say Hi. My name is Mike & I work in the pit.
          sigpic

Comment

That Granada looks pretty danged good, I haven't seen one around here for years.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by 1987LTDmasta View Post
              Spent a good portion of my life in Hammond. Not scary at all, and some good places to eat. I even take my kids there for the Shriner (sp?) Circus every year. Once the weather out here stabilizes, all of us Chicagoland peeps should meet up.

Comment

Any of you guys famoliar with Pierogi Fest or Cruise nite here in Whiting Indiana?

Whiting is right between Chicago & Hammond . How about we meet up at one of those? Heck the cruise nite is a free car show if anyone wants they or YOU can regester your car I would do mine but shes rusting pretty damn bad.

I would Love to meet up with you guys & check out your cars.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1987LTDmasta View Post
                  I was pretty shocked at how Hammond had changed when I rode through there last summer. I was with my dad, and we went to pick up an old family friend in Munster and then went to the Casa Blanca in East Chicago; my impression was that as soon as you crossed over into Hammond it was pretty much ghettoville with baggy-pantsed donkers on every streetcorner and trash here and there and tacky signs everywhere, and East Chicago was pretty much more of the same but a bit worse. Looked like 5th and Broadway in Gary did about 10 years ago. Riding back the other way through Hammond into Munster was even weirder, how the scenery instantly converted into hardcore yuppieville just like that town has always been. I'm sure not all of Hammond is as sketchy-looking as what I saw, and that it doesn't feel that scary if you're used to it and know where to go and where not to go, but I personally was just as happy to get back out of Lake County.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I have to ask what street you went down in Hammond ? Was it Calumet Ave. or Indianapolis Blvd? I do know that most of Hammond is run down & "Ghetto". But as with any other community there are good areas & some good people ( even thought there are quite a few more ummm not so good people).

I mean heck Whiting has the highest "gang" population of all of Northwest Indiana. But take a drive down 119th & as I have heard it said many times "You'll be reminded of the Andy Griffith show". I seriously would not be supprised to see a kid walking down the street, fishing pole in hand tossing rocks arround & whistling. But if you go a few blocks away I would not be supprised to see A crack house with gang writing all over & guys out frount playing with there guns.

So it really depends on what part of the town you are in. I'm shure there are certin parts of your home town that you tend to kinda stay away from.

I admit I am scared as hell of places like Cabrini Green But I'll drive through there with no problems at all. You just mind your own, don't mess with anyone & you aont get messed with. Even though some people have different life styles they are indeed still people.
                    sigpic

Comment

You know, I'm not sure which road we took, though it was almost certainly either Calumet or Indianapolis Blvd. I totally believe you about Whiting, though I've not really spent time there - heck, even Gary proper still has places a person really doesn't mind needing to be, while on the other hand a guy I went to college with had a story of his mom and aunt driving down Broadway and getting a window shot out, only to be told by a cop standing nearby that he didn't have time to help them because he was busy with a homicide that had already been successful. :nonono:

Don't suppose you've ever noticed a big older house located at 220 Waltham Street in Hammond across from the big park? That's where our family friend used to live, I think her dad may have even built the place waaaay back in the day. With the luck of these times, it's probably a drug house by now.

Comment

I'll go check out theat house tomarrow & let you know how it's lookin
                        sigpic

Comment

I just looked on google maps To see where that house is & I realized it's right down the street from where I used to live. I lived in that appartment building on the corner of S Park Pl. & Waltham. I also lived on the other side of Harrison Park on Carroll street at on time.

During the time I was living over there they found several dead people in the park. Gotta love the Hammond death rate.
                          sigpic

Comment

Dead people in Harrison Park? Get out of here! When was this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mbanjura View Post

Hammond ain't bad I've lived there for most of my life. & actualy I still work in Hammond. If you continue down the Boulavard you'll see an Oil Express on your Left. If you see my brown merc sittin on the side of the building. Stop buy & say Hi. My name is Mike & I work in the pit.
                              this the one off of the 80/94? by what used to be a k-mart or something? i havent been there in a while.
                              LTD is still here

Comment

Working...
                              X