No announcement yet.

Pick'n Pull (Hammond Indiana)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes my shop is right on Indianapolis Blvd. North of 80/94. There's a EZ Pawn accross the street from us & a Rally's right next door. There's a bar (Old Glory) on the other side.

You should stop buy
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      Dead people in Harrison Park? Get out of here! When was this?
      It was in the mid 90's as far as I know it was some prostitutes.
      sigpic

Comment

I was on Kennedy the other day. Ran out of time, but I was gonna swing by the oil change with the POS. I guess I had just enough time to pull up and give you a few revs to redline before pulling out, but I thought it would be strangely bizarre for all involved. Hopefully you would have known it was me.

Casa Blanca has some good Carne Asada, Mmmm. It's interior decorating is also over the top. And I am now missing the fries at Rally's. Is the Woodmar Mall still there or is it boarded up, LOL? I used to hang out at a bar/pizza place just a few doors down from your work. Good times. I am all for a Pierogi fest run, even though I heard the food was over priced and bland. There is a Pierogi place I used to go to by the BP refinery that was some good stuff. I wonder if it's still there?

Comment

I was trying to remember just recently where Woodmar was located. My mom and I used to go there for that food court place called Pizza Pizzaz, even if we had no shopping to do. Fun times. I was also once coerced to participate in some sort of ridiculous dance recital there that had something to do with something called a telethon run by some bloke called Jerry Lewis. I think it supposedly had something to do with muscular dystrophy, but I still haven't figured out how a bunch of kids acting silly in public is supposed to help fund serious medical matters.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Can you Google Earth 165th and Indianapolis Blvd? I miss the pizza at the food court in Century Mall

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
              Can you Google Earth 165th and Indianapolis Blvd? I miss the pizza at the food court in Century Mall
              Dunno about Google Earth, but as of the time of Google Maps' last satellite shot of the area, there sure appear to be cars outside the mall building (see attached).

Century Mall .......... that's where the old Monkey Ward's used to be .... Merrillville, wasn't it? Is the mall gone now or what?
              Attached Files

Comment

KENNNEDY!
                LTD is still here

Comment

Dunno about Google Earth, but as of the time of Google Maps' last satellite shot of the area, there sure appear to be cars outside the mall building (see attached).

Century Mall .......... that's where the old Monkey Ward's used to be .... Merrillville, wasn't it? Is the mall gone now or what?
                  The mall is sort of gone. It has been disassembled. Where the food court used to be has been torn down. So, it is just the Burlington Coat Factory, and Montgomery Ward's, which then went out of business and was torn down. There's now a Pottery Barn, Golden Corral, Staples, and also a Portillo's there. We should meet up at Portillo's someday. Mmmm...

Originally posted by 1987LTDmasta View Post
                  KENNNEDY!
                  You alright mang?

Comment

If you did stop buy & rev like that I am shuer at least 2 or 3 of us would come out to see the car. We all LOVE a good rumble. So if that's all you have time for it's cool.

Sadly Woodmar is GONE. All that is left is Carson's. They built a Home Depot behind the old woodmar lot. But woodmar is nothing more than a slab of concrete.

I went but the old house it's still in good shape & just looks like a normal house.
                    sigpic

Comment

The car has no rumble now. I was in your area getting smaller downpipes (2.25") and some of the largest cats I could find. Oddly, the car is really quiet on the outside now, but booms like crazy on the inside. You ever eat at Shark's on Calumet near the police station?

Comment

Originally posted by Mbanjura View Post
                        I went but the old house it's still in good shape & just looks like a normal house.
                        That's cool to hear. My mom lived there for several years and I spent a lot of time there prior to about '87, so it's nice it still looks OK.

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                        The car has no rumble now. I was in your area getting smaller downpipes (2.25") and some of the largest cats I could find. Oddly, the car is really quiet on the outside now, but booms like crazy on the inside. You ever eat at Shark's on Calumet near the police station?
                        2.25" downpipes? You dork! No wonder you're down on power! :nana2: About the sound - add some cheap glasspacks as resonators and you'll be set.

Comment

That's cool to hear. My mom lived there for several years and I spent a lot of time there prior to about '87, so it's nice it still looks OK.

2.25" downpipes? You dork! No wonder you're down on power! :nana2: About the sound - add some cheap glasspacks as resonators and you'll be set.
                          The car has 2.25" tails anyway, so no use spending $100 more for cats/downpipes 0.25" larger. Oh, and I am not down on power now, see "What are you working on" thread. I was thinking Walker Quiet Flows, Impala tails, and some Dynomax Round Race Magnums under the rear quarters. This is, of course, going to happen after I melt my new cats and have to cut them out. 2.5" quiet uber flowing goodness FTW. Should flow better, sound better, and be quieter than the current setup.

Comment

Well, there's the fact that 2.25" up front is a lot more restriction than 2.25" out back .... though not a huge one at the 300hp level ...... though that's all moot anyway if the cats don't stay very long .....

For some reason, I thought your custom-bent tails were 2.5".

Comment

Not too many people around here can crush-bend 2.5" tails without major crimping. I was looking at speeding up exhaust flow and getting the cats to light off faster anyway.

Comment

Well hell you could just pull in for free top offs. We'll check you tires, check & top off you'r oil, Check & top off your trans, test your coolant all for free. Also all under 3 or 4 minits.

You can also laugh at oops I mean look at my car if you have some time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X